Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:46 AM

3 posts, read 3,963 times

Advertisements

Thank you everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 12:09 AM

339 posts, read 588,665 times
Not sure how it is there but when I worked in Tok, in 08, every housing area had atleast a ref and micro, and most had a small stove. We had some Vegans, and I have an allergy to pork, and the cooks made sure they had appropriate food. A lot of times it was salads but they were good and large. Best advise is call them and ask. Also my family sent me care packages, thnx mom and daughter! When I flew into Anchorage I stocked up on supplies before heading out and people going to Fairbanks would pop into the hotel and ask if any of us, non-locals, needed anything while they were in town. Again, ASK! God I miss Alaska and can't wait to get back.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:15 AM

339 posts, read 588,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Es365 View Post
Hey everybody- I appreciate the advice about my diet but veganism is the least of my worries. I do it for health reasons, as opposed to moral ones (not that I don't support those who do!) I'm sure I will have to adjust my diet with the change in climate and surroundings. I was just curious on how strict the resort employee rules are when it comes to employee housing / lifestyle choices. I'm more interested in those aspects, and more importantly, what to bring!

I worked for Westmark and they were great. Maybe try them next time.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:25 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Default Can't help it!

If vegetarians love animals so much...why do they eat all their food?

Old 05-07-2012, 01:34 PM

1 posts, read 716 times
hey im turning 20 when i arrive in denali for my first time as well. i am spending the summer up there working for aramark, i also am a vegetarian so if you find out any more info about what its like reply to this thread. i dont know if you can private message but if you want to do any hiking or rock climbing let me know. I am going to denali completely blind and wont know anyone when i get there.

Old 01-13-2013, 02:30 PM

274 posts, read 860,561 times
Default Who going back to Denali to work ?????

I have re-applied to return to work in Denali Park this summer.

Anyone going back this summer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska