Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 01:26 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,948 times

Advertisements

Kristen Breitweiser: Justice for My Husband
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 01:33 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,846,192 times
Come to find out, they did NOT bury him with reverence for Muslim tradition. A person is supposed to be placed in a grave with his/her head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca, and what we did was a sea burial. According to Islamic scholars, sea burials are only OK in certain circumstances in which the death occurred on a ship. So, yeah, we didn't give him a "proper Islamic burial" at all. Just the opposite, in fact, and there are some pissed off Muslims out there right now too.

They're releasing all kinds of threats, WikiLeaks reported something about how Al-Qaeda has a nuclear bomb planted somewhere in Europe that would be detonated if Bin Laden was killed, and that it would unleash a "nuclear hellstorm" or something like that. Good lord, I think the manure just hit the fan.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,857,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Wonder why they didn't have the SEALS on it years ago....
"W" was not the brightest bulb in the box.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,019,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
That said, I do have one real difference of opinion with the way we handle terrorism, or any aggression from middle eastern sources. We made an effort with Bin Laden for example, to treat his body with respect as required by Muslim teachings, and I see no purpose in that. It allows them to believe they can martyr themselves and go to heaven. It allows them to see honor in terrorizing us.

I would have ordered his body to fed to pigs, which would then have been slaughtered and buried in a way that would allow the carcass to rot into the ground. (No heaven, no honor, no glory, and damnation to eternal Hell.)

I would also threaten, and if necessary actually do this, to haul bomber loads of pig manure from hog farms in the US, and dump mile wide swaths of residue along borders, highways, known training areas, etc etc. It is far less expensive than a bomb, and far more effective in the military sense too!
I could not agree more. As far as I'm concerned, his stinking corpse should have been encased in a block of pig manure and left to rot in the sun. The towel-heads routinely did far worse to our soldiers. Paying concern to muslim "sensitivities" is nothing more than a direct insult and slap in the face to our brave special-forces soldiers that risked their lives to terminate this piece of scum.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:40 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
I could not agree more. As far as I'm concerned, his stinking corpse should have been encased in a block of pig manure and left to rot in the sun. The towel-heads routinely did far worse to our soldiers. Paying concern to muslim "sensitivities" is nothing more than a direct insult and slap in the face to our brave special-forces soldiers that risked their lives to terminate this piece of scum.

I disagree. Dead is dead. It's a tribute to the soldiers that we haven't sunk to the despicable level of others but instead behaved as honorable human beings.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:48 PM

879 posts, read 1,731,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I disagree. Dead is dead. It's a tribute to the soldiers that we haven't sunk to the despicable level of others but instead behaved as honorable human beings.
Exactly. People like Moose Whisperer just don't get it. They're no more evolved than the cretins who they aim to desecrate.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:04 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,019,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
Exactly. People like Moose Whisperer just don't get it. They're no more evolved than the cretins who they aim to desecrate.
Yes, exactly the kind of response I predicted from you. Unsolicited, gratuitous personal attacks in place of any kind of cogent, coherent response to the issue at hand.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:10 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,822,767 times
Met, on that Obama caption....... I couldn't rep you for it! I must spread the love first! Stupid rule!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 PM

879 posts, read 1,731,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Yes, exactly the kind of response I predicted from you. Unsolicited, gratuitous personal attacks in place of any kind of cogent, coherent response to the issue at hand.
It seems you use words you don't yet understand, as my post was both "cogent" and "coherent." The truth hurts, huh partisan boy?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
Met, on that Obama caption....... I couldn't rep you for it! I must spread the love first! Stupid rule!!!!!!
Now we know what the President meant when he said he had more important things to do than play games with that jackass Trump.

Trump is a fairly occasional customer of our business...once in awhile one of his "people" call up here and places an order. I'm so tempted the next time that happens to offer to throw in a bit of crow for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: