Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:22 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,810,802 times

Advertisements

More hogwash....

But, now that you mention it, that elderly lady we were talking about, on another day she roasted me for parking too close to that green dumpster....the one with the bear-chit all around it

Hey, did ya hear the unfortunate news....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,737,386 times
What unfortunate news?

The green dumpster has long been replaced by a bear proof one.

Old 06-16-2010, 10:30 PM

2,048 posts, read 3,810,802 times
Bonnie came out today, she's a republican....who wouldda thunk it

Old 06-16-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAFBoundYankee View Post
I'll be flying to F'banks from here, unfortunately. However, I'll gladly take a rain-check if the offer's good for awhile, Met.

I don't know any Mark, Captain. lol I just see all the flak the ladies give you, so I feel they think you're partly, if not all, bad.
Yeah, sometime when you're going back and forth from school, land in Ketchikan and take the ferry to here for a couple days or so.

CC is completely bad to the bone, but the potholes and the bears on my road pretty much keep him scared off.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
So this sad excuse for a waitress at dinner a short time ago. 2 seperate groups of foreigners. And she's yelling at both of them like thats gonna help them to better understand her English. She was loud across the entire restraunt. And no more than 3 feet away the entire time. I just wanted to stand up and yell...they ain't deaf you dork! Just because they are Asian does not mean they don't speak or understand English. Well they might be now after all the yelling. Michigan has idjits. Female idjits. That serve food. And yell at their foreign customers.
Never did understand why idjits think that speaking loudly to supposedly non English speaking people is going to help the situation any. Most Asian tourists I've run across here have enough of a handle on the English language to be able to communicate in restaurants, shops, et al.

On the other hand...and I've posted about it before here a couple of times...idjit "lady" tourist in Skagway was yelling at a waitress who was a foreign student....waitress had a thick accent but was easy enough to understand. Idjit was yelling at the girl for not "speaking English" or being a U.S. citizen, and the last straw came when the idjit started yelling at the kid to get her change for a dime so she could live a tip. The poor girl ran to the back crying; a guy I was talking to at the next table who was down from Fairbanks and I got rid of the idjit because there was no management on duty. The weird thing was was that the whole place was full of people off the ships, and even though the woman was causing quite a scene, none of them even acted like it was anything unusual.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:57 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Some people are alive...only because it's illegal to kill them.

The waitress this morning was such a pleasant older lady. Just as happy as could be. Like night and day. You'd think if this place is in such a bind for jobs...folks would be happy to have one. That lady last night needs a reality check or some time off.

Old 06-17-2010, 05:03 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Bonnie came out today, she's a republican....who wouldda thunk it
WRONG!! geeeezzz....registered as an INDEPENDENT for ever! means I don't agree with 100% of Dem's or Rep's okay Met have at it!

An on the topic of idjits...I've told this before...customer who was a major pain it the butt left a few cent tip for a party of 8....waitress came into the kitchen crying....I took the few coins stormed thru the dining area and found them out in the parking lot, loudly saying somthing like "obviously you need this more than the waitress and don't bother coming back" haha were they embarrassed, there was a 2 hour waiting line of people to be seated!!

Old 06-17-2010, 05:06 AM

1,329 posts, read 2,944,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Michigan has idjits. Female idjits. That serve food. And yell at their foreign customers.
Ok, what did I miss again, Rance is in MI now?? And didn't swing by Toledohell?????? And MI is full of idjits, excluding my kids and grandbabies of course!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:22 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,740,416 times
have to share this....found in my wallet a Chinese fortune cookie saying: Keep your goals away from the trolls!

Old 06-17-2010, 07:48 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,836,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyoness View Post
Ok, what did I miss again, Rance is in MI now?? And didn't swing by Toledohell?????? And MI is full of idjits, excluding my kids and grandbabies of course!
Stranded in MI last night because Delta had backed up numerous flights waiting on some flight from Japan. So I missed my connection to AK from Detroit...before I ever got to Detroit. Delta = IDJITS.
So now I'm headed back to the airport in hopes I can even land in MSP which is now about to be surrounded by tornado's.
I guess I can hope to be re-routed via Seattle or something. I just wanna go home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska