Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 09:54 PM

8,777 posts, read 19,903,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Very true, just ask some people from states like Massachussetts or Connecticut what they think about Georgia and you'll hear the same responses, "backward, racist, bible banger, hick, slow".. yadda yadda yadda.
You're just as guilty of stupid stereotypes when you make a blanket assertion that people up north consider southerner's to be living in the past.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:00 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,322,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
You're just as guilty of stupid stereotypes when you make a blanket assertion that people up north consider southerner's to be living in the past.
Why are Northerners on this thread? Do you care how we deal with stupid stereotypes about OUR state? I don't care about your state's stereotypes and how you choose to deal with them at all.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:02 AM

1,654 posts, read 7,355,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I happen to like Sen. Sessions and I really don't care what people in other states think. I don't vote for politicians to please people in other states.

You probably think that Gov Brewer in Arizona is a "close minded bigot" too.

I'm from Alabama and my parents live there. I might live in New Jersey, but I'm still very much a Southern boy at heart.

And, I still think Sessions is a moron. But, that's my opinion. I've researched him enough to formulate a good one. On the other hand, my father likes him (I think he still does, I don't know. He didn't vote for McCain, and I know I would vote for McCain before I ever voted for Sessions. But he didn't vote for McCain because of that idiot he picked for a running mate.). Anyway, he's given Mr. Sessions money and he's actually been in our house on more than a few occasions.

But, Mr. Sessions really hasn't done anything for Alabama. None of the representatives do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama