Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 06:09 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,079,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Not in our small town, once you get on a main state road you will see Alexander Shunnarah signs but they are not limited to small towns and could actually have one of those planted on Mars. +
Personally after living in a small town in Alabama for 30+ years and traveled extensively in North Alabama, I don't remember a single drug dependency sign.
West Virginia is a diffident story.

However, there are dependency signs along hwy 40 in NE (near I-59) on the roads to Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2023, 06:58 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,901,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post

However, there are dependency signs along hwy 40 in NE (near I-59) on the roads to Atlanta.
Just calling you out on the slur you posted....So there are one or more than one in a particular location in Alabama, not ANY small NE Alabama town......
We have lived in many different states and the Caribbean over my working career, we decided to settle in NE Alabama due to the low taxes, safe living conditions, low cost of living and friendly people, other than the cost of living that have jumped dramatically in the last couple of years, things have not changed much.

Old 04-16-2023, 09:44 AM

71 posts, read 65,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Smaller - Rainbow City
Even smaller - Fyffe.
Beware - too small and anybody from outside is suspicious. That's true anywhere on the planet.

wuh? RBC is not in NE AL - it's just essentially a burb of Gadsden (which is nothing to wave about...I lived just off Hollingsworth)....at least Southside is decent, just next to RBC, but I wouldn't recommend either these days. Nope

Old 04-28-2023, 06:55 PM

15,952 posts, read 7,012,752 times
I am surprised that Tuscaloosa does not get a mention. It is a nice college town, with a great football team. The arboretum is pretty area to hike.

Old 04-29-2023, 07:04 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,901,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I am surprised that Tuscaloosa does not get a mention. It is a nice college town, with a great football team. The arboretum is pretty area to hike.
Again, Tuscaloosa is not a North East Alabama town!

Old 04-29-2023, 07:26 AM

15,952 posts, read 7,012,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Again, Tuscaloosa is not a North East Alabama town!
Why again? Ok if we want to nitpick, NE is relative
It is NW AB, but still only one hour from Birmingham.

Old 05-02-2023, 05:28 AM

6,009 posts, read 6,661,223 times
There's a fairly extensive list. It just depends on how far away from civilization you want to be.

Ft. Payne is a larger of the small towns. Just outside of those is Fyffe, Rainsville, Valley Head, Mentone, and Henagar.

There's Scottsboro (which shares the backwaters of Guntersville Lake and the TN river), and is a decent sized little town. It's roughly half way between Huntsville and Chattanooga.

The Stevenson/Bridgeport area is almost as far NE into Alabama as you could get but there's not much there. However, you're fairly close to Chattanooga, TN and about an hour drive from Huntsville, AL.

If you'd like to live near the lake and in a small town there's Guntersville.

There's also Grant and Woodville if you'd like to be located between the lake and a big city (Huntsville) and in the country.

Old 05-05-2023, 04:49 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,416,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
Smaller - Rainbow City
Even smaller - Fyffe.
Beware - too small and anybody from outside is suspicious. That's true anywhere on the planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach48urs View Post
wuh? RBC is not in NE AL - it's just essentially a burb of Gadsden (which is nothing to wave about...I lived just off Hollingsworth)....at least Southside is decent, just next to RBC, but I wouldn't recommend either these days. Nope
I apologize. You are correct about Rainbow City.
I meant Rainsville. It's been a few years since I was in that area.

Old 05-07-2023, 06:26 PM

12,963 posts, read 9,478,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach48urs View Post
Gadsden is certainly in the northeast quadrant of Alabama.

Old 06-21-2023, 08:56 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,865,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post

Just curious what do you mean about WV?

Are drugs better or worse in ne AL compared to WV? what areas should be avoided
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama