Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 10:31 AM

89 posts, read 372,363 times

Advertisements

Is the Akron/Canton area a good place to live? My husband's job is relocating him, we can choose between Warren or Akron/Canton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2006, 11:30 AM

976 posts, read 3,863,250 times
LOL i keep answering your posts. Trust me on this one Akron/Canton is a great choice. It really is. Akron has some great suburbs and the city is completely changed. The downtown is great. And in the suburbs you will find it to be very safe with great schools and lots of shopping and entertainment. Fairlawn, Cuyahoga Falls, Barberton, Portage Lakes, and Tallmadge are all great suburbs. Canton is a nice city too. It has seen a nice turnaround also. Not to the extent of Akron's but its changed. Canton has some nice burbs like Reedurban, North Canton, South Canton, Massilon, and Louisville. I would definatly pick the Akron/Canton area. And not to mention they have a great airport there too. Its going through hundreds if millions of $'s in expansions. Akron/Canton is a great area.

Old 06-10-2006, 02:12 PM

How do you know so much about all these different cities?

Old 06-11-2006, 10:23 PM

2 posts, read 10,963 times
I plan on moving to Canton in a couple of months from Minnesota. Any info anyone can give me about the city would be most apprectiated.

Old 06-12-2006, 05:02 AM

I was up there the other day, looks like a nice city. I might be moving up there, too. I am looking for more info on the city also....

Old 06-12-2006, 09:01 AM

976 posts, read 3,863,250 times
Quote:
How do you know so much about all these different cities?
Because im an urban planner and i travel alot. Esp living in the Cleveland area i know alot about NE Ohio. Akron/Canton area is a great area to live and raise a family. Its a nice place to call home. Canton has some nice burbs like Reedurban, North Canton, South Canton, Massilon, and Louisville. Akron has some great suburbs and the city is completely changed. The downtown is great. And in the suburbs you will find it to be very safe with great schools and lots of shopping and entertainment. Fairlawn, Cuyahoga Falls, Barberton, Portage Lakes, and Tallmadge are all great suburbs. I just thought i would name the suburbs in those cities again. Akron/Canton really is a great choice dawnie. And Gameguro this was also aimed towards you so you could get an idea. I really think you will like Canton. And i bet you wont miss those blistering cold temps in MN. I mean we get cold in Ohio but nothing compared to MN. Good luck if you decide to move to Canton.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:41 AM

2,179 posts, read 7,379,430 times
check out portage lakes if you like boating,and suburban living.
akron has some really good buys on real estate do to the lack of high paying jobs, most people i know are self employed or commute to cleveland.
the sun isnt a regular here with alot of overcast days . so you can really appreciate good weather when it is available

Old 06-13-2006, 04:41 PM

I have never been to Portage Lakes. I think we are leaning more towards the Warren area. We've been going up there every chance we get, and we like it. It's really calm and quiet and laid back.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:55 PM

160 posts, read 644,577 times
anyone know a sue lattea from the akron area??

Old 07-03-2006, 10:25 AM

1,903 posts, read 7,903,386 times
Akron > Warren

I lived in Stow for about 10 months. Hudson and Fairlawn areas are nice.
Green had affordable housing. And you're not far from Cleveland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton