Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 10:35 PM

790 posts, read 4,022,541 times

Advertisements

This is probably not the right place to post this problem (i don't know where to put it though) but i'm having trouble placing my posts in the thread where i want them. Like i want to post under a specific persons comment but it always ends up at the bottom so it doesn't relate to the post i'm responding to. anyone else have this problem or know the solution? i post over on the california forum and don't have this same problem. it's on the General Forum that this is happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 01:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,321,533 times
ruby,
This might not be the place but I may be able to answer your question.
All responses on this part of the forum go to the end of the thread. If you're commenting on a post here, I might suggest that you click quote, copy to word, backarrow, then post.
It will still be at the end, but you'll have captured your idea and the initial post.

Old 02-28-2008, 04:15 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,276,748 times
This is how all forums are structured here. The posts are displayed in chronological order, so the fact that you don't notice this problem in California forum is probably just a coincidence: you must have responded to the last post mainly.

Chielgirl gave you some good advice, though. Using the quoting feature will help you relate your post to where you want it to be.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:46 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,067,255 times
From your description of what's happening, rubyskye, it sounds as if it's a traffic issue.

The reason your post in one thread isn't appearing right below the post you're responding to is that the thread has a lot of traffic so there are a lot of responses between the post you want to respond to and your response. Therefore, your response ends up several posts below the one you're responding to.

In a thread with slower traffic where the volume of members participating is less, your response may end up directly below the post you're responding to.

Observe the time stamp of the posts between yours and the one you are responding to and see if that's the case. Those *in between* posts may have been posted just minutes before you posted. The time stamp is at the upper left corner of a post.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:40 AM

790 posts, read 4,022,541 times
Yeah, that sounds right scirocco22 because i can always place my post right where i want it over on the California forum. Thanks all for you input and i'll use the quote option now ... i didn't even notice that was there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum