Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 04:54 PM

3,184 posts, read 2,759,375 times

Advertisements

This feature has proven to be quite popular and since we have been periodically lowering the amount of rep points given out by users, you can now set your user title (in My Settings->Edit Profile) at 50 reputations points instead of 100. You also need to be registered for 30 days and have 200 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 05:51 PM

4,606 posts, read 7,710,151 times
Default thank you

awww that will make life grand for them Admin,

Old 10-01-2007, 11:37 PM

2,141 posts, read 7,886,555 times
Thank you for the info

Old 10-02-2007, 12:35 AM

4,563 posts, read 12,465,655 times
And I was working so hard to get my reputation boosted up to 100....

I feel like someone who was 20 and to young to vote in 1968, or I feel like someone who would be 65 in 2012 and will have to wait another year to collect my fat social security check.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:01 PM

25,464 posts, read 13,620,292 times
What a wonderful idea. Thank you in advance for all of the newbies. I remember how I felt getting to that '101'. Splendid

Old 10-03-2007, 12:51 PM

Smile Oh Admin friend

Ok pal, give it to me straight, I can take it ....
..has the amount of rep points one is allowed to be given out changed at all recently? As you mentioned you have been periodically changing it. And if so, would you be so kind to share the details so we may know how to allocate the reps in a fair divide of worthy posts since we frequent many forums?

cheers!

Old 10-04-2007, 11:57 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,803,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngal View Post
Ok pal, give it to me straight, I can take it ....
..has the amount of rep points one is allowed to be given out changed at all recently? As you mentioned you have been periodically changing it. And if so, would you be so kind to share the details so we may know how to allocate the reps in a fair divide of worthy posts since we frequent many forums?

cheers!
*The bolding in the quote is mine...*

This part is a ittle confusing to me: isn't it how many times we can give out reps in a 24 hr period, as opposed to how many reps?

If the latter case were true, those who have a bazillion reps and gold stars and such...if each time they give rep, 3 or 4 or 5 get given to the person being repped ~ this scenario actually penalizes bazillion-rep person.

is my question at all understandable? (it's too late for me to be here, I'm too tired to think straight, I guess.) Anyway, I'd like to know how it really works.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,099,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post

This part is a ittle confusing to me: isn't it how many times we can give out reps in a 24 hr period, as opposed to how many reps?

If the latter case were true, those who have a bazillion reps and gold stars and such...if each time they give rep, 3 or 4 or 5 get given to the person being repped ~ this scenario actually penalizes bazillion-rep person.

is my question at all understandable? (it's too late for me to be here, I'm too tired to think straight, I guess.) Anyway, I'd like to know how it really works.

How is it penalizing the bazillion-rep member? Doesn't it only count as one person being repped. They're just giving more reps at a time. Or am I understanding what you're saying? Or do I know what I'm talking about??

Old 10-05-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post

Why yes it is, good catch,

Oh rocco you make perfect sense,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > Administration Zone > About the Forum