Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 04:44 PM

858 posts, read 1,501,736 times

Advertisements

I received this in an email today. I tried to verify it on Snopes but they of course wouldn't dare post it. I did some checking around and have added links to add credence to what is stated. I've only listed one of many sources for verification for each claim.

Pull out of Iraq? Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago!

Body count in the last six months:
292 killed (murdered) in Chicago ; 221 killed in Iraq .
http://chicagoist.com/2008/08/07/chi...er_rate_up.php
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...casualties.htm

Chicago.... Who Runs it:
Senators: Barack Obama & Dick Durbin
Rep: Jesse Jackson Jr.,
Illinois Gov: Rod Blogojevich,
Illinois House leader Mike Madigan,
Illinois Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike),
Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley (son of Mayor Richard J. Daley)

.....Our leadership in Illinois.....all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago. Of course, they're all blaming each other! Only because they cannot blame the Republicans; there aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country.
http://www.clintondailyjournal.com/V...tory_id=23 88

Cook County’s (Chicago) sales tax 10.25% - highest in country (major city) and it is also the most complex.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/03/04/chicago-sales-tax-hits-re_n_89751.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sales_t..._United_States

Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country.
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C1A9619482 60

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois. And, he's gonna 'fix' Washington politics for us and 'change' it, too!
[SIZE=2]http://worldnetdaily.com/index[/SIZE].php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=79285

Wake Up America!

BTW, I can't figure out why I can't make all of the links show as blue, hmmm...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 04:58 PM

come on... I want to hear the funny outlandish responses from the left!!

Old 10-29-2008, 04:59 PM

543 posts, read 1,456,278 times
Wow, isn't that lovely.... no the Dems and biased media would never look at this. They're too busy over in Alaska, ripping apart everything Sarah Palin has done, but her state is doing well isn't it? That says something. How come Barry hasn't worked his magic in Chicago?

Old 10-29-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njchick View Post
wow, isn't that lovely.... No the dems and biased media would never look at this. They're too busy over in alaska, ripping apart everything sarah palin has done, but her state is doing well isn't it? That says something. How come barry hasn't worked his magic in chicago?
exactly!

Old 10-29-2008, 05:05 PM

11,346 posts, read 16,711,567 times
Damn and I thought Newark, NJ was bad.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
[font=Comic Sans MS][i][color=black][font=Verdana]I received this in an email today. I tried to verify it on Snopes but they of course wouldn't dare post it.
If the links you provide lead to state or other government statistics, what is there for Snopes to verify?

They're a fact-check service.

"they of course wouldnt dare post it"

Quote:
come on... I want to hear the funny outlandish responses from the left!!
I know facts are funny and outlandish to you. Hope this made your day!

Old 10-29-2008, 05:08 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,248,239 times
You know what's so funny about this? My cousin, who lives in Chicago, sent this exact email to me Monday.

Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 PM

442 posts, read 790,709 times
Chicago is slowly segueing into a dump. It took a republican mayor in NY to throw out the trash and Chicago's machine politicians should get similar treatment.

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Ok, I'll bite. Chicago rocks!!! Yes, it has some bad areas, but there is never any need to go there unless you are looking for trouble. But as major cities go, it is wonderful, and I encourage you to visit. Having lived in the city for a number of years, I miss it, though not the sales tax, which is outrageous. But plenty of people can afford it there and don't think twice about it.

Chicago politics is big city politics, which is always dysfunctional.

Go Cubs!!!

P.S. Your education article is 21 years old. Charter schools have really made a difference there, though the system is by no means perfect. Once again--big city problems.

Last edited by helenejen; 10-29-2008 at 05:22 PM..

5,041 posts, read 6,218,344 times
Quote:
Pull out of Iraq? Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago!

Body count in the last six months:
292 killed (murdered) in Chicago ; 221 killed in Iraq .
Anyone who would post this idiocy hasn't got the intelligence to vote.

1. The population of Chicago is much much larger than the number of Americans in Iraq. So the per capita rate is much much higher in Iraq.

2. You're only including American deaths in Iraq. If you also included Iraqi murders, the rate in Iraq would also be much much higher.

It's interesting to see the brainiacs who love to cheer each other on whenever one of them makes false, misleading claims (also called lies).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections