Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 11:31 AM

272 posts, read 784,300 times

Advertisements

Try Arcata...area...
Also...look at the county by county vote for the last presidential election....most California counties voted 'red' including a few coastal counties.... If you are a 'blue' county person...find those 'blue' California counties on the map...and move there....If you move to a 'red' county....your going to find 'red-state' type of people......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 11:00 AM

36 posts, read 283,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
You're right in that the least desirable areas of the state also happen to be the least expensive. There was a thread on here sometime ago mentioning Bombay Beach, one of the little towns on the shore of the Salton Sea out in the desert in Imperial County. Someone tried to post a picture from Wikipedia, which is below.

Is that place a dive or what?
simple answer? DEFINITELY ! where is it? " death" valley?

Old 07-19-2008, 03:46 PM

136 posts, read 548,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Probably the High Desert.
The high desert is affordable, just not appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Bthere View Post
Are there not some areas of LA that are more afforable? What about Watts or Compton? I heard the rentals for a house are pretty cheap.
I think the high desert is probably more appealing than Watts or Compton.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:17 PM

38,862 posts, read 22,849,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylsass123 View Post
simple answer? DEFINITELY ! where is it? " death" valley?
No, but it might as well be, don't you think???

Old 07-28-2008, 04:42 PM

12 posts, read 57,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Bthere View Post
Are there not some areas of LA that are more afforable? What about Watts or Compton? I heard the rentals for a house are pretty cheap.
Dear lord, do you want these people to die an early death? Are you out of your mind????

Old 07-29-2008, 10:39 AM

1,634 posts, read 6,716,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
What cities or metropolitan regions in California, if any, have the most affordable cost of living (i.e.: housing, groceries, utlities, etc.)?
Answer? where ever it sucks.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:57 AM

9 posts, read 23,903 times
All your people complaining about home costs--go on remax.com and check out Vancouver BC...Rains 70% of the time, no new housing other than condos..Which sell in the MILLIONS. The dream of owning a home there is dead. I had to leave my home city I loved so much just because of all of the international business tourists buying up properties and jacking up prices...Atleast in PARTS of California they have a resident law.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:13 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,729,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastVanQueen View Post
All your people complaining about home costs--go on remax.com and check out Vancouver BC...Rains 70% of the time, no new housing other than condos..Which sell in the MILLIONS. The dream of owning a home there is dead. I had to leave my home city I loved so much just because of all of the international business tourists buying up properties and jacking up prices...Atleast in PARTS of California they have a resident law.
Yep, that's the recurring message on the California forum, "Due high housing costs, we're moving from a rainy bad weather location, to California, where we can get more house for our dollar."

Old 05-09-2010, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,566 times
What century are you in ? I have lived in the high desert for many years the meth labs are long gone try getting some new news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixjones View Post
I currently live in Butte County, and while my town is not too bad as far as culture goes, we're second behind in San Diego in housing prices vs. real wages in the entire nation!

Oroville is probably the last affordable enclave in our county, but the economy sucks, unless you want to work at Home Depot or WalMart, and it has the worst meth problem in the county.

One thing to keep in mind about California... if you can find someplace affordable, it's because nobody wants to live there!
If it's affordable, it has problems that are keeping Californians away... and in today's market, where everybody is looking for a more affordable place to live, that should be quite telling.

Just my own personal experience.

Also, while I agree that the high desert is quite beautiful, the meth labs and corpses would keep me from ever wanting to live there.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:28 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,872,333 times
Bakersfield is one of the most affordable cities to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California