Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2022, 09:10 AM

4,433 posts, read 2,462,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Massive exodus is happening. California's downward spiral is only gaining steam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
No, just like to follow data and facts.
Ok that's good. So do I and here's a fact.
What does that graph show us? For over a century, gross population basically ignores all those year to year growth trends, with all their little peaks and valleys. This state is currently more than double the population today, then when it was when I was born here. The blue line, even with that tiny little instance of droop in the last year, doesn't indicate anything "massive" going on; not a lot of "steam". I'd definitely welcome the imagined reality you're pitching here, but facts and data (since we mutually appreciate those things, right?) show otherwise. Let me know when there's like 15M people left in California.

All that said, can we put to rest all these stupid exodus threads? They are as dumb as the secession ones.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:26 AM

42,864 posts, read 26,345,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post
Many think the right buy ammo and have to register it is a infringement. Just like the right to have magazines that hold over 10 rounds which has been to court and overturned.

Speed camera again alot of people feel it impinges on there freedom ( not me). How about the right to protect your goods in a store where the criminals are basically allowed to steal you blind without any form of penalty so even if arrested they come back and do it again and again. Thats why numerous store are closing.

The right do what you want with your property is another. You cant cut down a tree in alot of places and the environmentalists have gotten laws against it. Right to cut lumber on your out property has been completely stop in areas up north.

there has been alot of freedoms ( rights ) restricted over the years not only in Calif but all over the US.
That made my head hurt.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:39 AM

21,760 posts, read 16,390,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Ok that's good. So do I and here's a fact.
What does that graph show us? For over a century, gross population basically ignores all those year to year growth trends, with all their little peaks and valleys. This state is currently more than double the population today, then when it was when I was born here. The blue line, even with that tiny little instance of droop in the last year, doesn't indicate anything "massive" going on; not a lot of "steam". I'd definitely welcome the imagined reality you're pitching here, but facts and data (since we mutually appreciate those things, right?) show otherwise. Let me know when there's like 15M people left in California.

All that said, can we put to rest all these stupid exodus threads? They are as dumb as the secession ones.
Great post … except for the last two sentences. These two topics are worth their weight in gold humor. Enjoy.

Old 08-01-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
To answer your first query, I think it has to do with the rights and liberties that have eroded in California over the years,
Quote:
Originally Posted by done working View Post

there has been alot of freedoms ( rights ) restricted over the years not only in Calif but all over the US.
The question posed was specific to what rights and liberties have been eroded in California … not ‘all over the U.S.’

Old 08-01-2022, 07:42 PM

10,337 posts, read 6,887,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
The question posed was specific to what rights and liberties have been eroded in California … not ‘all over the U.S.’
The "right" to do with your PRIVATE property as you see fit. Try riding a dirtbike on your OWN property anywhere in Riverside County. Anywhere. Even if it's a fenced off area out in the middle of no-where.
Which is kinda odd, since there are LOTS on national/world class riders that LIVE in Riverside County.

There's thousands of these "ever tightening" rules/laws regulations.

Just don't build a wood fire on the beach for a hamburger BBQ on ANY State beach. I'm not talking "burning man" or pallet sized infernos...

Hell, just try to get rid of some railroad ties that you no longer need for your landscaping....
Those are now "Hazardous Waste" and you BETTER have a permit from the EPA as a "Hazardous Waste Generator." (Don't forget, that comes with "cradle to grave" responsibility...)

I'm not going to sit here and give a bunch of examples. If you can't find any, then you aren't living.

Last edited by NORTY FLATZ; 08-01-2022 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: added stuff, ya know?

Old 08-03-2022, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictropical View Post
It's hard to accept some losses of freedom that exist in California after experiencing other options.
For example, in many rural places in the US there're no building codes enforced or even exist. You can live in RV, in a shack you build, in earthbag home, in a trailer, you can make a home out of garden shed, whatever.
It's hard to imagine dealing with this building code nonsense in CA and foul bureaucrats involved.
Various gun-related rights.
Fingerprint for a license.
Fire hazards in CA/insurers walking out.
Slave muzzles and believers in fake virus.
The lockdowns they had in CA, illegal, totalitarian measures did not exist or were minimal in other states.
Agricultural inspections, unnecessary invasion of privacy when you travel in and out of state (in some parts of North-Eastern CA, you go through them every time you go shopping) where some go extra mile to harass drivers.
$7/gal
There're so many things one wouldn't want to go back to.

The insane place declaring monkeypox "emergency". What else does one need?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictropical View Post
"Lockdowns", slave muzzle mandates, child toxic sludge injection mandates were all sure signs of totalitarian communism, China-style. Newsom would love to do Shanghai stuff and put people in camps, if he could...and they might try later.
They kept him during recall election, despite him violating own restrictions, which speaks volumes about the level of insanity reached in the state.
Even recently they tried to pull statewide face diaper mandate again... unbelievable.

When they announced coronahoax BS and I heard the word "lockdown" on the news I knew I had to head out of California ASAP, as Shanghai-style action was possible, camps and all. I remember driving over the state border, wondering if I hit roadblocks and hearing about "lockdown" on the radio again - it felt really good to know the state was just a spot in my rearview mirror now.

Unlike all the babbling privileged folks on here I had actually lived under totalitarian communism and fought against it, and I know it when I see it.
Totalitarians can spring to strong action real fact - you wake up in the middle of the night and find their martial law, tanks, a knock on your door, frozen bank account, closed borders or whatever else - one got to watch for signs of despotism, be proactive, and remove selves from such place as fast as possible. Suffering some losses while doing so is worth it, staying free is priceless.
Wonderful. You found all sorts of options for Californians to escape to … in droves hopefully. Thanks for the tips. No one had anything figured out for themselves until you pulled back the curtain. I expect at least 30 million will exit now … in droves

Old 08-03-2022, 07:35 PM

4,753 posts, read 2,985,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
Like I said. If California was undesirable, it would be cheap, there would be zero demand for real estate there. In fact it’s the extreme opposite. From what I can tell, for every household that’s leaving, there’s another family (or two) chomping at the bit to pay $3 million for that 1978 split-level right behind them. 1,000 miles I drove through NorCal and there were few homes for sale and the ones for sale most were already pending. There’s a lot of people paying a lot of money to live in that “undesirable” state
But you're going at it from the wrong angle. Everyone knows California is desirable and the reasons why. But that doesnt mean there isnt a long list of problems the state can fix (housing, etc.) or stop worrying about (like banning gas cars and lawn equipment, etc.).

Like that post said your view being here on vacation is going to be completely different than living. You see more of the issues living in California that creeps through the great weather and scenery.

Old 08-03-2022, 08:02 PM

4,646 posts, read 3,023,632 times
Don't like California? Don't move here.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:54 PM

26,764 posts, read 26,875,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You found all sorts of options for Californians to escape to … in droves hopefully. Thanks for the tips. No one had anything figured out for themselves until you pulled back the curtain. I expect at least 30 million will exit now … in droves
Thanks for my laugh of the day, Mutt.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:56 PM

4,489 posts, read 3,868,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
But you're going at it from the wrong angle. Everyone knows California is desirable and the reasons why. But that doesnt mean there isnt a long list of problems the state can fix (housing, etc.) or stop worrying about (like banning gas cars and lawn equipment, etc.).

Like that post said your view being here on vacation is going to be completely different than living. You see more of the issues living in California that creeps through the great weather and scenery.

I think the issue is that I would be willing to put up with pretty much ANYTHING to live in that weather. I guess others are not willing to do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California