Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 08:10 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,536,848 times

Advertisements

Who cares? It's easy to ignore them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2019, 09:20 PM

19,435 posts, read 15,274,199 times
I can't remember if I've ever responded or not, but after seeing those kinds of threads come up over and over, I just kind of automatically gloss over them.

Old 11-15-2019, 10:59 PM

4,491 posts, read 3,937,333 times
Well, to be honest, many of the criticisms are valid. We are a homeless/illegal alien mecca due to our liberal policies and it IS expensive if you're just starting out. Traffic in LA is horrible and the pols steal the road funds for bike lanes. However, overall I love LA and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Heck, the other day at Ralph's I was grocery shopping with Tyrion Lannister. But most of all, for me, it's the weather, the lack of bugs and the ocean. Whenever I read through a post criticizing California, I usually just post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcADqxnQA_4

Old 11-16-2019, 12:10 AM

10,356 posts, read 8,588,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
It's because they have "No Life".

I had my day in court so to speak. I don't care much for the politics and even packed up and moved to Arkansas for 16 months. As much as I love it there, Came back.

I'm a "member" of a car forum since 2004 and for what ever reason there is a bunch of losers who rag on California constantly as if their states have no issues. Again no life.
Funny on a car forum they decide to rag about California instead of talking about cars, wonder why ?
Not just one person, but a bunch of them. Wonder why so many?
Why would you hang out with a bunch of people with no life?

Old 11-16-2019, 06:28 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,583,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Funny on a car forum they decide to rag about California instead of talking about cars, wonder why ?
I have about half-a-dozen show cars here in San Diego. Corvettes to Model A's. There ain't no better place to be a car-lover than Southern CA. Where else can you drive a show car 12 months a years?

My MN friends store their cars from October to April. What a PIA that would be.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:35 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,583,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Well, to be honest, many of the criticisms are valid. We are a homeless/illegal alien mecca due to our liberal policies and it IS expensive if you're just starting out. Traffic in LA is horrible and the pols steal the road funds for bike lanes. However, overall I love LA and couldn't imagine living anywhere else. Heck, the other day at Ralph's I was grocery shopping with Tyrion Lannister. But most of all, for me, it's the weather, the lack of bugs and the ocean. Whenever I read through a post criticizing California, I usually just post this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcADqxnQA_4
Great video. But I'll stay in San Diego. LA is just too big. When I want to see a Rams game, I'll hire a limo.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:25 AM

26,763 posts, read 26,869,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post
I have about half-a-dozen show cars here in San Diego. Corvettes to Model A's. There ain't no better place to be a car-lover than Southern CA. Where else can you drive a show car 12 months a years?

One can imagine the number of sour grapes responses you see.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruitr View Post

That’s a perfectly good reason to want to be in California. The weather is very good in California, especially compared to the upper Midwest. I think the car culture in California is one of the best.
My question is what does that have to do with being on a car forum where members complain about California?

We have weather that is not as nice here in Georgia. From December to February the car shows die off. But we still have multiple shows for the other 9 months, so I get my fill of them.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:38 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,331,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Used to be fun, don't hang out much anymore.

It was/is a group of people who were in the past very helpful and included all walks of life and professions so knew a lot about a lot of things.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
One can imagine the number of sour grapes responses you see.
Only ones you imagine and hope you will see .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California