Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 08:20 AM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk In Beauty View Post
Actually, Fluoride is NOT "added to the water all across the United States". Every place I've lived the last 30 years DOES NOT add fluoride to the water.

As to your typical idiotic comment about my knowing that the 'carbon' scare is just a scam ... there are HUNDREDS of scientists around the world, including PhD's in Earth sciences, who do NOT believe we have to worry about carbon. Just because the media didn't tell you that, doesn't mean all those scientists don't exist. What it does mean, is that you have purposely been lied to, and you, instead of doing your own due diligence, have chosen to drink the kool-aid.

As to your claim of lacking facts ... everything I stated is a fact. Go read AB32, go read the state's legislature's tax laws, ... it's obvious ... I do the reading, you don't. You just post your personal "denier" rubbish.
The vast majority of scientists believe in global warning. The GOP is the only major political party in the first world that has an issue with this. And it us a shame that people are being attacked for citing legitimate media sources in favor of right wing propaganda sites. The tone of the post I am responding to is not very civil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2018, 09:12 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
As to your typical idiotic comment about my knowing that the 'carbon' scare is just a scam ... there are HUNDREDS of scientists around the world, including PhD's in Earth sciences, who do NOT believe we have to worry about carbon...
"carbon"? That's new.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:31 PM

47 posts, read 116,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"carbon"? That's new.
Carbon, new? Really? What do you think is the justification for the 'carbon tax' and 'carbon tax credits' comes from? The looters in government and the media tried real hard to give everyone a complex for exhaling carbon. What do you think Gore's famously ludicrous (and disproven) 'hockey stick' is supposedly measuring?

Where have you been?

Old 07-23-2018, 11:45 PM

47 posts, read 116,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
The vast majority of scientists believe in global warning. The GOP is the only major political party in the first world that has an issue with this. And it us a shame that people are being attacked for citing legitimate media sources in favor of right wing propaganda sites. The tone of the post I am responding to is not very civil.
Aren't you the prissy one.

FYI: The "tone" of the post I responded to was far more insulting and 'uncivil' than anything I posted. If people want to call me "stupid", and slew insults and false claims, I have every right to defend myself. If you don't like people standing up for themselves with authority, go read a fairy tale.

As to "the vast majority of scientists believe in global warming", I suggest you look up the number of scientists who've been found dead from mysterious causes, or just flat out murdered, over the last 15 years. It's a fact, that if they don't go along with the global warming farce, they stand to lose their job, their research funding, their family, their lives. And THAT IS A FACT. And it applies to all the sciences, whether it's pharmacology, medicine, earth sciences, genetics, etc. etc. etc. Those who do their own research to find the Real Truth, and those that dare to stand up and Speak the Truth do so at great risk. The mega-multinational corporations, and their counterparts in government, will take out anyone who dares to threaten their gravy train. But that's 'not very civil', is it? So go back to reading your fairy tales, and leave the grown ups to speak the Truths you're too childish to handle.

Old 07-23-2018, 11:54 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Carbon, new? Really? What do you think is the justification for the 'carbon tax' and 'carbon tax credits' comes from? The looters in government and the media tried real hard to give everyone a complex for exhaling carbon. What do you think Gore's famously ludicrous (and disproven) 'hockey stick' is supposedly measuring?

Where have you been?
Most of us add "dioxide" when we discuss exhalation or combustion byproducts, but to each their own. Also, you're deep in conspiracy theory territory, so I think I'll just make a mental note of the user name and wish you a very good day.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Aren't you the prissy one.

FYI: The "tone" of the post I responded to was far more insulting and 'uncivil' than anything I posted. If people want to call me "stupid", and slew insults and false claims, I have every right to defend myself. If you don't like people standing up for themselves with authority, go read a fairy tale.

As to "the vast majority of scientists believe in global warming", I suggest you look up the number of scientists who've been found dead from mysterious causes, or just flat out murdered, over the last 15 years. It's a fact, that if they don't go along with the global warming farce, they stand to lose their job, their research funding, their family, their lives. And THAT IS A FACT. And it applies to all the sciences, whether it's pharmacology, medicine, earth sciences, genetics, etc. etc. etc. Those who do their own research to find the Real Truth, and those that dare to stand up and Speak the Truth do so at great risk. The mega-multinational corporations, and their counterparts in government, will take out anyone who dares to threaten their gravy train. But that's 'not very civil', is it? So go back to reading your fairy tales, and leave the grown ups to speak the Truths you're too childish to handle.
So I am "prissy", "childish", not a "grown up" and "believe in fairy tales". If you really want to convince people that your ideas are true personally attacking them like that id probably not the way to go. Civil discourse is much better...especially when you think the other party is being deceived by dome conspiracy.

Last edited by robertbrianbush; 07-24-2018 at 08:16 AM..

Old 07-24-2018, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
900 laws about to go into effect for 2015. Many hundreds more than any other state. Nothing but liberal dictators looking to control everyones life with more absurd rules and regulations. Thats just another reason people hate the liberal dictatorship known as CA.
Meanwhile in Washington today Trump threatens to revoke the security clearances of former officials who question his actions. Something not done before in this country...one that supposedly prides itself on its openness to people questioning it's leaders being a core value of it's society.

Old 07-24-2018, 08:28 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,136,596 times
Hate? Because the population and size of our congressional delegation means laws, products and other things all the way to the social norms of California are forced upon them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California