Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 03:00 AM

2,958 posts, read 1,340,997 times

Advertisements

Well for many years we have gotten used to one main world order that has established it's interests across the Entire world consisting mainly of North America/Europe under the likes of the G7 however i think it is clear to see for the first time we have moved into a multi polar world. Nations that were once impoverished with huge populations are developing at such a rapid rate that they are now overtaking the nations that colonized and ruled over them just a century ago. The IMF has given it's projections for economic growth this year and ahead it shows BRICS leading the charge which is set to overtake G7 in twenty years. The WEF also shows only two European nations scraping the top 10. In fact the GDP of China and India combined is set to make it wealthier than every G7 nation combined including the US. What then will this new world look like? We are already witnessing an expansion of this multi-polar world as many nations seek out alternative markets and alliances away from Western influence

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/eco...0two%20decades.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/...world-by-2050/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 10:28 AM

37,307 posts, read 39,665,364 times
G7 includes the entirety of the EU and it isn't a very formal structure, and BRICS while more formal seems incoherent as a single entity with South Africa and Ethiopia having a difficult time with basic governance and China and India constantly at loggerheads while India is on a religious crusade against Muslims. Meanwhile, Iran is backing Houthis which are an increasing issue for UAE and Egypt among others. India has better relations with some members of the G7 than it does with most of the BRICS. I think with how much Russia has united NATO which has a large number of G7 (including EU) members, there's been a newfound coherence to the G7 that was otherwise not there though the opening up to G20 is probably better for maintaining peace. G7 including EU which itself may expand is probably going to stay effectively wealthier for quite a while.

Meh, just go with G20 or the UN.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 04-25-2024 at 10:37 AM..

Old 04-25-2024, 10:47 AM

4,004 posts, read 6,843,826 times
BRICS are a load of nonsense, and I have no idea what a Western democracy like Brazil is doing in this nonsense.

Old 04-25-2024, 12:11 PM

1,285 posts, read 538,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalaMan View Post
BRICS are a load of nonsense, and I have no idea what a Western democracy like Brazil is doing in this nonsense.
I have been asking the same thing for a while now. What the hell is Brail doing with the BRICS?? I hope they get out of thete asap.

Old 04-26-2024, 12:48 AM

8,877 posts, read 8,484,763 times
BRICS has always been a joke lol. Brazil is not growing, Russia is a country without any sort of future, China is on terminal decline, and tiny European/Asian countries like Austria, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Israel, Norway etc. etc. etc. are all larger economies than every single African country. Only India is somewhat hopeful, but with all its problems it may never achieve even China's level of development. G7 collectively is doing terrible too, but at least the US is doing well and it's larger than the other G6 combined anyway.

Developing countries had a decent run in the past couple of decades led by China, but that's over now. America is outpacing everyone again. Now if Americans can get all the bat**** politicians in check and stop voting for unhinged MAGA lowlives that'd be great.

Old 04-26-2024, 03:52 AM

2,958 posts, read 1,340,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
BRICS has always been a joke lol. Brazil is not growing, Russia is a country without any sort of future, China is on terminal decline, and tiny European/Asian countries like Austria, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Israel, Norway etc. etc. etc. are all larger economies than every single African country. Only India is somewhat hopeful, but with all its problems it may never achieve even China's level of development. G7 collectively is doing terrible too, but at least the US is doing well and it's larger than the other G6 combined anyway.

Developing countries had a decent run in the past couple of decades led by China, but that's over now. America is outpacing everyone again. Now if Americans can get all the bat**** politicians in check and stop voting for unhinged MAGA lowlives that'd be great.
10 years ago i would have believed you but the data doesn't lie. The US might be growing well but Europe is stagnating and has been for a few years now meanwhile developing nations are developing fast. I mean surely you see this. Look at how European nations apart from Germany are dropping in top 10 nations in terms of Gdp. There is clearly a shift in world power

Old 04-26-2024, 06:03 AM

7,694 posts, read 5,562,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post
10 years ago i would have believed you but the data doesn't lie. The US might be growing well but Europe is stagnating and has been for a few years now meanwhile developing nations are developing fast. I mean surely you see this. Look at how European nations apart from Germany are dropping in top 10 nations in terms of Gdp. There is clearly a shift in world power
The wild card is how climate change, particularly droughts, will affect the economies of the various developing countries. No water, no life.

Old 04-26-2024, 10:09 AM

8,877 posts, read 8,484,763 times
Quote:
Europe is doing terrible but the US is doing well.

Developing countries are not developing fast. Most are not developing at all. Only China was, but their growth phase is over.

Old 04-26-2024, 10:42 AM

37,307 posts, read 39,665,364 times
Quote:
While those economies are growing in influence and total numbers, it does not mean that BRICS coheres into a reasonable entity. Aside from internal issues that are arguably greater in magnitude than those of G7 countries, they also have a lot of very polarizing issues among each other.

China and India's border disputes is an active border dispute and India has been courting a circle of allies around China. India's strong lean towards anti-Muslim rhetoric and laws does not bode well for coherency among the different Muslim countries within BRICS. The Muslim countries that are on different sides of the Shia / Sunni split have been funding proxy wars among each other as well as against other countries including terrorism associated groups within other BRICS countries. This gets increasingly difficult to wield as a coherent bloc as the applicants to BRICS include India's Muslim neighbors Pakistan (and traditional ally of China) and Bangladesh as well as very anti-Chinese Vietnam.

Old 04-26-2024, 05:34 PM

9,193 posts, read 13,301,221 times
Russia and China would love to turn BRICs into some kind of an anti-Western alliance but the addition of India is complicating things, for China especially. Still, it is kind of sad to see supposed democracies like India, Brazil and South Africa even partially giving legitimacy to BRICs especially when Russia is being treated like its invasion of Ukraine is no big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World