Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 07:41 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,560,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
The scalpers are already having orgasms at the thought of a mini SNES. I'm sure Nintendo will find a way to screw up it's release like they did with the NES mini. I don't think I've ever seen a company hate easy money as much as Nintendo.
I think that was Nintendo's goal all a long they knew they would release a limited supply, but they didn't let the public know. I think the bigger issue was the scalpers. It's an immediate collectors item now. Scalers that have too many of these NES Classics may lower the price for resales eventually, the value is now determined by if SNES Classic does come and how many will Nintendo produce. The fact the device is actually created and sold by Nintendo is why the Sega versions are not so sot after. The original NES sold 62 million units, the SNES sold 49 million units. So will Nintendo produce more, less or the exact amount of SNES Classics as they did the NES Classics? I still say the PlayStation TV is a great alternative to the Nintendo Classics especially for PS1 and PSP games on one mini plug and play type of console. I would not fault Nintendo for the limited supply of they did this by design.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 12:33 PM

3,955 posts, read 5,113,917 times
I like the SNES much better than the NES so this sounds like good news. Guess Nintendo will release the N64 Classic Edition eventually?

Old 04-24-2017, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I like the SNES much better than the NES so this sounds like good news. Guess Nintendo will release the N64 Classic Edition eventually?
I dont think the 64 would need a mini. Not right now anyway. They could do one, but I dont know if it would have the same interest as the NES and SNES, because NES and SNES were kings of their Gen. The N64 was topped by PlayStation 1. I dont know if PlayStation would make a mini, they would be best promoting the PS TV again.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:58 PM

3,955 posts, read 5,113,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
I dont think the 64 would need a mini. Not right now anyway. They could do one, but I dont know if it would have the same interest as the NES and SNES, because NES and SNES were kings of their Gen. The N64 was topped by PlayStation 1.
The only reason I mentioned an N64 Classic Edition is because the games for the system are notoriously hard to emulate. SNES emulators, however, are really good on everything ranging from the Wii (Snes9x GX) to the Retropie.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:57 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,751,094 times
Quote:
I dont think the 64 would need a mini. Not right now anyway. They could do one, but I dont know if it would have the same interest as the NES and SNES, because NES and SNES were kings of their Gen. The N64 was topped by PlayStation 1. I dont know if PlayStation would make a mini, they would be best promoting the PS TV again.
That's not the reason they wouldn't make an N64 classic/mini. There's plenty of nostalgia for it for people who grew up in the 90s. It's more that N64 games have notoriously aged worse than games from the 2D era.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK508 View Post
That's not the reason they wouldn't make an N64 classic/mini. There's plenty of nostalgia for it for people who grew up in the 90s. It's more that N64 games have notoriously aged worse than games from the 2D era.
Hopefully they don't do that. NES and SNES are special, N64 is not. Nintendo doesn't need a mini for ever console they ever made, plus the dust really hasn't settled on NES Mini it's still a product people want to own. SNES still waiting on a confirmation. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:41 PM

2,293 posts, read 1,441,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Hell no, not after screwing over everyone who wanted the retro NES and never got one.
I know. For months I looked for the classic NES and then came the news that they are discontinuing. I'll just find an actual working vintage NES. I hear most of the games are pretty cheap anyway.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:17 PM

11,176 posts, read 8,049,948 times
Amazon sells retro NES and SNES for about 40.00.

Old 04-27-2017, 12:59 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,751,094 times
Quote:
Hopefully they don't do that. NES and SNES are special, N64 is not. Nintendo doesn't need a mini for ever console they ever made, plus the dust really hasn't settled on NES Mini it's still a product people want to own. SNES still waiting on a confirmation. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Agreed, I don't think there should be one either. Just disputing the implication that N64 wasn't enough of a success for there to ever be a retro one. Sure, SNES is considered by many to be greatest console of all time, and N64 isn't, but N64 was still well loved by my generation. PS1 had more universal appeal for sure (hence more sales), but for anyone that experienced childhood in the 90s, I wouldn't be surprised if more kids played N64. I had both.

However, N64 games have aged badly (polygon graphics, bad camera, etc.). I think consumers would be better off with remakes of the best games (Zelda: OoT and MM perhaps?) in the future rather than a retro system. Though, I don't really think either are necessarily in demand.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:07 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,038,454 times
I'm sure they will release 500 of them, then play stupid and say they didn't know there would be such a demand. Then they will put out another 300 and claim they are discontinuing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games