Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 12:51 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celesteren View Post
And part of the reason we are moving is political. California is getting more and more liberal and we're weary of being perceived as an ATM machine whose only "right" is to pay taxes. The homeless situation is horrendous and yet we have people defending their right to live on the streets, ignoring the crime, the disease, and the quality of life issues. Quality of life for both sides - for those who have homes, and those on the streets - whose health will only deteriorate the longer they're homeless. Crime is reclassified in an attempt to keep people out of prisons, and a rising crime rate is attributed to anything else. I could go on - but I won't. It's almost in the rear view mirror now, and I can start looking forward to my retirement plans and basking in the wonder of the St. George scenery.
I live in California and want to leave for the same reasons. What you said here is not a joke or an exaggeration.

California allows people to live on the street in drug addicted squalor and calls it "compassion". It's sick.

Even liberal San Franciscans are waking up to the BS, although I don't know what percentage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw8MACDZ3RI&t=3s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 03:46 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,387,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsheamountain View Post
Southern Utah is a horrible place.
^^^^
I get it, you just don't want more people moving there!

Old 06-07-2021, 04:06 PM

30,896 posts, read 36,949,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
^^^^
I get it, you just don't want more people moving there!
I always find it odd when people on CD just say "X is a horrible place" without elaborating. It's totally useless and just makes the person posting it seem not very smart.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:33 PM

390 posts, read 755,549 times
True, don't move to St. George....Yes, we don't want more people moving here. Been here 15 years, love it! Heat and traffic are drawbacks. As for California, lived there(Huntington Beach) and couldn't pay me to move back at any price. P.S. we got large amount from house when we moved and had prop 13 (tax break on property). So we could move back, never happen. More house in St. George, no people living on street, and taxes are lower, (both property and sales tax). Sales tax in St. George is only 6.75%.

Old 06-07-2021, 08:49 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,698,410 times
We weekend occasionally in St George and it is surrounded by beauty. One of our favorite restaurants is Xetava Gardens near Kayenta and for breakfast, Bear Paw downtown.
Traffic can be bad and the popular trails are busy. Zion is over loved, but there are so many other things to do, if you are willing to seek.

Old 06-08-2021, 09:51 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,471 times
Will be curious to see where St George will be in a decade from now in regard to their water resources/availabity...... Vegas, too.

Old 06-09-2021, 09:25 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,698,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Stemi View Post
Will be curious to see where St George will be in a decade from now in regard to their water resources/availabity...... Vegas, too.
It will be like money now, bring your own.

Old 07-30-2021, 07:45 AM

93 posts, read 95,812 times
So we've been here just shy of two months now and couldn't be happier. We miss our friends back in L.A. but the "lightness" and freedom we feel more than compensates. For us - it was a good move.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:18 PM

30 posts, read 93,702 times
It’s a “dry” heat!! Hell I’m moving from Boulder City, NV to St George… I’m looking forward to the “cooler” temps….

Mattbcnv

Old 09-07-2021, 02:03 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,758,372 times
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but for those that have been living under a rock. You folks are going to be running OUT of water. Soon enough. it's already a process that has begun. If you do the research we're apparently in for another fairly dry winter, meaning the Colorado River isn't going to feed Southern Utah nor Lake Mead much if anything. They are almost dry now! Do you think they are all going to start digging wells where there is no aquafer? I feel very sad for those that are not facing what is lying ahead for you all down there and into Vegas and beyond. LA is really in for it BIG TIME. The central valley of CA is also in crisis. Nobody believes in scriptural End Times prophecies, but sorry to tell you folks we're IN it and it's not nearly as bad as it's going to get. So hang on. California will end up a complete out of control nut house. So many are already leaving in mass to areas that still have a bit of sanity in place. I have a few friends that moved down there in the St. George area. I want north instead out of that crazy SLC. I wish you all the best but being prepared and aware beats the living the clouds attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George