Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 05:08 AM

317 posts, read 496,093 times

Advertisements

I’m going to be visiting Branson in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what shows I should go see? I’ll probably have time to see at least 3 or 4. What are the absolute best shows that you think everybody should definitely go to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2022, 11:22 AM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Ah, memories...
I saw the Sons of the Pioneers performance -- the old western songs by the original guys in their 70s and 80s. Music was from the time of Roy Rogers. It was an outdoor pavilion in 104 degrees, and they had to haul one of the old guys away in an ambulance. The show went on. It was a pretty good show, considering the heat and the ambulance.

The Elvis impersonator show was equally eventful. The woman sitting next to me came from all the way San Antonio to see Branson. She got so excited that she ran up and tackled Elvis on the stage after he tossed her one of his scarves. Maybe a plant (?) but it stopped the show for a bit while they got her off of him.

Have a good time.

Old 09-30-2022, 05:14 AM

9 posts, read 16,357 times
Dolly’s Stampede is a must. Great for families. Might be a little weird if you’re by yourself.
Bring your appetite!

Old 09-30-2022, 09:18 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,335,694 times
There are a lot of shows and it all depends on what you like or don't like. If you can give a little more info on what you like, we can be more specific.

Old 09-30-2022, 11:39 AM

317 posts, read 496,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
There are a lot of shows and it all depends on what you like or don't like. If you can give a little more info on what you like, we can be more specific.
Well I’m a 45 year old guy that will be there by myself. I just skimmed through a bunch of Branson websites and saw about a dozen shows that looked sort of interesting. These are the ones on my list so far.

-Haygoods
-Dolly Parton stampede
-Shepard of the hills
-sights and sounds
-Jesus
-belle star riverboat
-magic of Rick Thomas
-grand shanghai circus
-awesome 80’s
-comedy of Yakov Smirnoff
-Branson murder mystery

I’ll probably have time to do at least 4 of them, so if anybody can help me narrow it down to the best choices then I would appreciate it. Which ones are the most popular that everybody goes to?

Old 09-30-2022, 01:12 PM

Out of the ones you named that I have seen or done, Yakov, Branson belle, Branson murder mystery are all good in my opinion. I liked Jesus too at the sight and sound....but don't expect it to be biblical and they tell you that in the beginning. The theatrics are excellent though. And speaking of sight and sound theatre, if you don't like a bunch of lights blinking and some loud sounds or live animals, it's not the place for you but otherwise, it's a great show.
Personally, I didn't care for the shepherd of the hills shows or food. The food was barely edible and the show wasn't that great either. I didn't like the stampede. I saw the stampede in Tenn. years ago when I lived there and it was entertaining. Since they've taken out the flag and the competitions between the north and the south, I think the one in Branson is pretty boring. Just mostly some people on some horses riding around. The food is good though.
The Haygoods are fun and the 2 times I've seen them, they were good.
The 80's show I haven't seen but it sounds like one that I would like since I like 80's music.
The magic and the circus shows I have not seen and haven't heard anything good or bad about them.

Not a show but you might also enjoy Silver Dollar City. They have a couple of good roller coasters, shops and food, crafts and you can catch a show or 2 while you are inside the park. Harvest/Halloween theme going on at the moment.
Hope this helps.

Old 10-04-2022, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Out of the ones you named that I have seen or done, Yakov, Branson belle, Branson murder mystery are all good in my opinion. I liked Jesus too at the sight and sound....but don't expect it to be biblical and they tell you that in the beginning. The theatrics are excellent though. And speaking of sight and sound theatre, if you don't like a bunch of lights blinking and some loud sounds or live animals, it's not the place for you but otherwise, it's a great show.
Personally, I didn't care for the shepherd of the hills shows or food. The food was barely edible and the show wasn't that great either. I didn't like the stampede. I saw the stampede in Tenn. years ago when I lived there and it was entertaining. Since they've taken out the flag and the competitions between the north and the south, I think the one in Branson is pretty boring. Just mostly some people on some horses riding around. The food is good though.
The Haygoods are fun and the 2 times I've seen them, they were good.
The 80's show I haven't seen but it sounds like one that I would like since I like 80's music.
The magic and the circus shows I have not seen and haven't heard anything good or bad about them.

Not a show but you might also enjoy Silver Dollar City. They have a couple of good roller coasters, shops and food, crafts and you can catch a show or 2 while you are inside the park. Harvest/Halloween theme going on at the moment.
Hope this helps.
We were there this summer. Happy to say they did have the north/south competition and plenty of flags and patriotic stuff. They did cave and nixed the “dixie” and now it is just stampede.

Old 10-06-2022, 09:36 PM

92 posts, read 99,220 times
i really enjoyed the Haygoods.

Old 10-07-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlcardsfan1 View Post
We were there this summer. Happy to say they did have the north/south competition and plenty of flags and patriotic stuff. They did cave and nixed the “dixie” and now it is just stampede.
Surprised to hear they brought the confederate flag back but glad they did. They caved and took the flag away along with the name Dixie to be politically correct. I was disappointed that it was so boring in Branson a couple of years ago when we saw it compared to the show in Tennessee back in the 90's.

Old 10-07-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Surprised to hear they brought the confederate flag back but glad they did. They caved and took the flag away along with the name Dixie to be politically correct. I was disappointed that it was so boring in Branson a couple of years ago when we saw it compared to the show in Tennessee back in the 90's.
Oh I see what you mean. Yes, no confederate flags to be found. Just American flags. The north south competition was still part of it.
I would have loved to see it in its heyday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Springfield - Branson area