Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City
 [Register]
Shreveport-Bossier City Bossier Parish, Caddo Parish, De Soto Parish
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 04:19 PM

506 posts, read 510,208 times

Advertisements

I think I "remember" a young man in the late 1990s who went to death row for strangling a little girl in Elm Grove because "she was making noises and he was trying to nap."

I lived in Bossier Parish at the time, and he was still in prison on death row when I left for another state.

Years later, I got a Facebook friend request from him. I denied, of course. He went to Haughton High School with me. I never liked him. There were photos of him living a normal life. No prison, nothing. Just going to church, hanging out with friends and family, etc.

I kept wondering if that really happened. Was it a Mandela effect?

I googled his name and couldn't find anything. No articles, nothing.

If it did happen, what happened? How did he get off death row and out of prison? Remember, I moved out of state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 05:58 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,308,869 times
His name would be helpful..

Old 05-28-2018, 05:01 PM

133 posts, read 173,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBAinTexas View Post

If it did happen, what happened? How did he get off death row and out of prison? Remember, I moved out of state.
Well, hopefuly he's dead.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:54 AM

4 posts, read 2,923 times
I only remember a 12-year old girl in the 90s being strangled in Bossier Parish but it happened in Bossier City. Here is the court document:

[url]https://caselaw.findlaw.com/la-supreme-court/1212283.html[/url]

Old 11-27-2018, 10:00 PM

506 posts, read 510,208 times
I found out by talking with the authorities on the case. He pleaded to manslaughter and was found guilty of that, along with the girl's mother. He still is alive.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,249 times
Only thing I remember like that in Bossier was an ex-friend of mine's gf and it was her best friend's dad that did it. Her name was Christy Wolfe. The man arrested was James Casey. He was convicted of rape and murder and sentenced to death, IIRC.

Edit: yep. Death row. Just noticed the link above is the same case. My ex-friend was questioned multiple times during the investigation since he was her current bf at the time. Before they arrested Casey, the guy I knew and a couple of our other friends went and destroyed the guys car because they knew he had done it already. Supposedly they got caught by the cops as they were leaving and the cops just let em go because of the circumstances. Don't know how true that part is but they did destroy his car.

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums/showthread.php?3525-James-Michael-Casey-Louisiana-Death-Row

https://caselaw.findlaw.com/la-supreme-court/1212283.html

Last edited by RB1231234; 02-18-2020 at 06:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana > Shreveport-Bossier City