Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 06:22 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times

Advertisements

I'll spend my 12-21-12 planning a party for that next weekend, a "we made it" party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 06:28 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,038,821 times
2012? Not so excited about that date. I will not be around for a much much more important date, 2112, but I hope Jon finds the guitar under the waterfall and confronts the Priests about it. And in the end, I really hope the elder race of man returns and assumes control. I hate the Red Star of the Solar Federation.

(Just another story dated in the future. Thanks to Neil, Geddy and Alex)

Old 08-30-2010, 07:08 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
It's not said to be the End of the World, but the End of the World *as we know it*

I venture to say we're already there. And the *as we know it* is undefined, and nobody says how long it takes to get there.

We Are living in a different world and will continue to, but I don't think its going to be some sudden surprise. Stay flexable and expect change. Of course, we should *always* be like that.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 PM

13,005 posts, read 18,908,288 times
If I had the money, I'd make lowball offers to any property owner who would accept, with the condition that I do not take possession until 2013.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:22 PM

122 posts, read 240,804 times
I am talking about the Meteor Shower that is expected to hit with the force of 100 hydrogen bombs. I do not think it will wipe out all of humanity, but agree it will be "the end as we know it." I think it will wipe out our technology and all the things we have become dependent on.I also believe time will "regress" and we will have to go back to a simpler life style in order to make it. I would love to buy a cheap parcel of land and grow personal crops for canning for the next two seasons. I know it wouldn't be much, but it would get us thru until we could form an alternative energy source to light a green house and grow more. And everyone says "they'll be wasted"...

Old 08-31-2010, 02:48 PM

563 posts, read 929,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christi123 View Post
My family is trying to devise our own 2012 plan to out live the apocalypse and I was wondering what sort of plans everyone else has? Woul love to hear your replies...
Use this site for a resource library;

SurvivalBlog.com

You'll find the answers to almost all your needs and planning questions. Ignore the naysayers.

Last edited by WonderingWanderer; 08-31-2010 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 08-31-2010, 04:12 PM

Thank you! Very helpful site... and I don't pay any attention to the naysayers...I just view it as people either too afraid to seek the truth or not intelligent enough to prepare. They will be the ones asking the people like us for help. And because of my beliefs in the Cosmic Laws I will be obliged to help... Lol!

Old 08-31-2010, 05:11 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
I am talking about the Meteor Shower that is expected to hit with the force of 100 hydrogen bombs. I do not think it will wipe out all of humanity, but agree it will be "the end as we know it." I think it will wipe out our technology and all the things we have become dependent on.I also believe time will "regress" and we will have to go back to a simpler life style in order to make it. I would love to buy a cheap parcel of land and grow personal crops for canning for the next two seasons. I know it wouldn't be much, but it would get us thru until we could form an alternative energy source to light a green house and grow more. And everyone says "they'll be wasted"...

What makes you think this will happen? Why would you think this would happen all of a sudden all at once all over the world?

if this were to happen I doubt any land you have would do you much good then. If you have a medical condition that requires treatment and/or medicine do you know if what you say would happen did happen you wouldn't live much longer regardless of how much you prepare?

Old 08-31-2010, 07:01 PM

Go to yahoo news and look up massive meteor storm...it is expected to hit with the force of 100 hydrogen bombs...scientist are now releasing this info. Don't be scared to investigate!

Old 09-01-2010, 07:04 AM

1,069 posts, read 2,077,228 times
Quote:
Go to yahoo news and look up massive meteor storm...it is expected to hit with the force of 100 hydrogen bombs...scientist are now releasing this info. Don't be scared to investigate!
I saw that too, and read somewhere that there were strong Draconoid outbursts in 85 and 98 (which is what they are expecting with this shower)--which didn't do a whole lot to spaceships and satellites. However, they said "just because it didn't happen then, doesn't mean it couldn't happen now". So...I dunno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Self-Sufficiency and Preparedness