Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2007, 11:38 PM

30 posts, read 221,161 times

Advertisements

ps: These photos are of some of my most favorite places in SD ... ie: Views of and being at the Embarcadero and Kensington!

Last edited by andtm66; 05-30-2007 at 12:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 12:34 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andtm66 View Post
Funny thing is, we're having WAY better weather in Portland right now than SD! ... I know all about May Gray and June Gloom ... and I'm okay with it, because I know what the rest of the year holds! ... Plus, it doesn't usually stay that way ALL day. But, we're having the most amazing May here in Portland. It's been sunny and clear ... and in the 70's and 80's most of the month. It was 88' today. So great ... but so weird!
The May Gray kicked in hard a couple of weeks ago and I don't think we had any sun for about 3 or 4 days. The entire city was put on a suicide watch during that time....LOL You'll be glad to know that we're back in the typical clouds in the mornings and evenings, but great sunshine during the day. Temps have been in the mid 60's along the coast, and low 70's inland (Not bad when you think about it)

Call me crazy, but I'm ready for the highs to be in the 80's and 90's, with lows in the 70s, along with a dash of mild humidity from the summer monsoon pattern. That's what I call ideal summer weather

Old 05-31-2007, 09:03 AM

59 posts, read 428,713 times
Maybe we'll get lucky and get a stray thunderstorm or two this summer. That was great two summers ago.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:58 AM

5 posts, read 46,181 times
OMG! My sister said to me once that San Diego was really nice but I didn't know it was THAT nice. wow. I should look into moving there. Too bad I couldn't have SD just in another state!

Old 06-02-2007, 01:46 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,338,961 times
i have to admit san diego great. i mean it in a great way when i say that it is a small los angeles. if i decide to leave LA the only city i would move to would be SD. the two cities are almost exactly identical: beautiful beaches, rich people, poor people, hills cutting through residential areas, mountains in the background, very spread out. the one bad thing they both have in common is traffic. i went there about four years ago and there was no traffic. then i went back last month and i thought i was back in LA on the 4o5. Did this change occur that quickly or did i come at a busy time last time or a quiet time 4 years ago.

last time i went i took these pics:

view of DT SD from Coronado

view from hotel room at Hotel Del

Glorietta Bay Inn

view from hotel room of Four Seasons Resorts Aviara Carlsbad

Old 06-03-2007, 11:13 AM

840 posts, read 6,514,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
i went there about four years ago and there was no traffic. then i went back last month and i thought i was back in LA on the 4o5. Did this change occur that quickly or did i come at a busy time last time or a quiet time 4 years ago.

When I visited last year the traffic wasn't too bad. It's like anywhere in SoCal. One minute it's open, the next it's a parking lot.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:43 PM

2 posts, read 37,536 times
Here's a question...when you talk about the parking lot on I5 - is the parking lot going southbound towards San Diego or northbound headed away from SD?

Old 06-04-2007, 08:51 PM

840 posts, read 6,514,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovergirl45 View Post
Here's a question...when you talk about the parking lot on I5 - is the parking lot going southbound towards San Diego or northbound headed away from SD?
Sometimes both. It also depends on the situation also such as if there's an accident, police chase, or just backed up for no reason and if it's during rush hour.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:38 AM

165 posts, read 512,383 times
I am from the Arizona data site and this was in a post suggesting we do this on our site, I am so glad that I went into your site to see the most beautiful pictures of your area. I sure hope the arizona site will do the same, since I'm relocating to northern Arizona as soon as my home sells in SE Michigan, and yes us midwesterns are envious of last sunday in your beautiful city lol.
thanks again
Debbie SE MI

Old 06-06-2007, 04:03 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,735,861 times
I'm glad to see that others are enjoying this thread. Now let's see more pics from everyone !!

Random stuff for your viewing pleasure

Sunset Cliffs

Some nice houses along this stretch

Taken from Crystal Pier in Pacific Beach

San Diego isn't just about the beach and the zoo, we've got a clean and healthy downtown, as well

Phewww.....I hope you enjoyed my quick downtown tour
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego