Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2022, 09:44 AM

5,750 posts, read 4,711,382 times

Advertisements

The solar solicitors are hilarious to me. Solar is expensive. Like I'm going to agree to buy a $30K "anything" because some dude knocked on my door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2022, 12:09 PM

10,317 posts, read 6,871,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
The solar solicitors are hilarious to me. Solar is expensive. Like I'm going to agree to buy a $30K "anything" because some dude knocked on my door.
Solar runs about a grand per panel. So, yeah, it's pricy. And if you want a power wall battery, the price doubles...

Musk is laughing all the way to the bank.

Old 08-07-2022, 01:54 PM

3,397 posts, read 2,809,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joosoon View Post
Wait, do the solar scammers knock even if they see existing solar panels? We don't have solar so I don't know. But that gave me an idea. Just say we already have it and point to the roof and act crazy.
We have it on the back of our house out of view from the street and it’s recent so the fancy IPad crowd that point out I don’t see it on Google Earth - I just politely point out thats because your photo is old. I did not and would not buy it from a door to door. I used a vendor that came recommended.

Solar is a good long term investment. I financed it but I’m paying it down quickly and running my air a lot and I still get a credit.

Old 08-07-2022, 04:00 PM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Solar runs about a grand per panel. So, yeah, it's pricy. And if you want a power wall battery, the price doubles...

Musk is laughing all the way to the bank.
Probably makes as much sense to buy a Tesla and plug it in at night reversing the polarity. Then run over and hit a super charger to recharge it. If I was retired I'd do it.

Old 08-07-2022, 05:07 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,944,146 times
Looks like there will be some more incentive credits for EV and solar once this becomes law. Similar to the old battery hybrids over a decade ago. But insulin will be still.costly. But Gov Newsom will use power of CA nation state to manufacture our own insulin. Good governor. But folks should also adopt a healthy living lifestyle to reduce diabetes likelihood

Old 08-07-2022, 05:25 PM

50,356 posts, read 47,109,092 times
Looks like they have happy hour on Sunday. Make mine a double.

Old 08-07-2022, 06:22 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,751,849 times
Quote:
Totally

Old 08-07-2022, 06:25 PM

3,080 posts, read 1,751,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastbias View Post
We have it on the back of our house out of view from the street and it’s recent so the fancy IPad crowd that point out I don’t see it on Google Earth - I just politely point out thats because your photo is old. I did not and would not buy it from a door to door. I used a vendor that came recommended.

Solar is a good long term investment. I financed it but I’m paying it down quickly and running my air a lot and I still get a credit.
Getting off topic, but did you consider the leasing kind and the owning kind? I'm just curious what your thoughts were. I imagine if you can afford it, owning is better. The leasing is probably just so they can get people to sign who don't have the money.

Old 08-07-2022, 07:50 PM

3,071 posts, read 2,409,481 times
Quote:
These people paid $56,000 to a scammer ("pink energy").
https://cbs4indy.com/cbs4-investigat...-solar-panels/

The Better Business Bureau removed the company's A+ rating and issued a consumer alert...three months after the news story aired.
https://cbs4indy.com/cbs4-investigat...r-pink-energy/

Old 08-08-2022, 10:36 AM

5,750 posts, read 4,711,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Getting off topic, but did you consider the leasing kind and the owning kind? I'm just curious what your thoughts were. I imagine if you can afford it, owning is better. The leasing is probably just so they can get people to sign who don't have the money.
I've had both leased solar and owned solar system on two different houses.

DO NOT do a solar lease. It becomes an encumbrance on your house and is a major issue when/if you want to sell the house. You have to get the buyer to agree to take over the lease, and they have to qualify to take it over also. We got lucky and the buyer agreed to take it over; this was mostly due to the crazy hot RE market over the last few years. In a "normal" market, this could be a huge problem.

When we sold our house last year with the owned system, even though we had financed it, it was not an issue as the solar loan was just paid off through escrow. And also due to the hot RE market, the buyer of our house was the one who paid off the loan, not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego