Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2023, 11:50 AM

3,527 posts, read 6,523,226 times

Advertisements

I know how to track a flight.
The Wikipedia article has a map that says there used to be a Terminal 1, west of the current Terminal 2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2023, 06:08 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,782,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
Why are the terminals called Terminal2 and Terminal4? What happened to 1 and 3?
"1" is the International terminal.

Ontario International Airport:
https://www.visitanaheim.org/plan-yo...0expand%20soon.

Old 04-06-2023, 08:16 AM

10,988 posts, read 6,857,477 times
I don't understand what's going on here and why it's such a big deal, OP. You've been given advice and yet you're gnashing teeth about terminal labeling. If it bothers you so much, unload on the airport and Google Maps personnel via email or snail mail, about the mislabeling or absence of labeling.

Ontario Airport is TINY compared to other airports, except Long Beach. Why are you making this such a big deal? I started a thread a while back about a fairly local dog park in my metro. Someone had mislabeled it "permanently closed" on Google Maps. It was not closed. Perhaps temporarily closed for some upgrades or something. There had been a local kerfuffle about shade awnings, etc. and some locals were mad about the taxpayer cost, or something. Or perhaps some people don't like dog parks and don't want taxpayer responsibility for it.

Somebody must have contacted Google Maps (it wasn't me) and it got changed, meaning that "permanently closed" was removed from the Google Maps profile.

Good luck with getting Google Maps to change the labeling for ONT if that's your goal. ONT has been through a lot of changes in recent years. That's likely the reason Google Maps hasn't kept up with the changes. In fact, ONT has been through numerous changes in the past 20-30 years.

Old 04-06-2023, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLikeAGradStudent View Post
The airport moved, in essence, about 25 years ago, the terminals, runways and parking. So the numbering seems off. It was a much more prominent facility, more standalone, before LAX bought it. It took a real dive in traffic -- fares not competitive, tough econ in the Inland Empire, LAX hovered over routes and carriers -- and is nowhere near the airport it could be.
Thanks for reminding me about the LAX purchase. Burns me up because so many people have to drive to LAX and contribute even further to the traffic over there, not to mention people having to spend all that unnecessary time, wear and tear on their vehicle, and money for gas. I used to fly in and out of ONT for many years, living in the area. It was inexpensive and quite convenient. Profiteers don't care about the little people. Big surprise.

Old 04-07-2023, 11:11 AM

3,527 posts, read 6,523,226 times
I went to the airport. I saw the signs for the cell lot so I went south to get to it. I didn't see the cell lot so I had to turn left, and I was on Haven. I just waited at a store.

I also had a problem when driving westward to get to Terminal 2. I found myself north of the airport, on Archibald. I did a U-turn and found Terminal 2. The signs were confusing although it looked simple on maps.

Old 04-07-2023, 12:22 PM

I agree that it is confusing there. The last time I was there (a couple years ago?), I ended up going the wrong way as well. They need to fix that (the signs). Hopefully you had no problem picking up your party.

Old 04-10-2023, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpasa View Post
I need to pick someone up here.
Can I wait in my car right on the curb outside the terminals, like at LAX? I know there is a cellphone lot.
I'm trying to avoid paying for parking. I am hoping to wait as close to the terminals as possible without paying.

Why are the terminals called Terminal2 and Terminal4? What happened to 1 and 3?
I don't see any mention of being interested in the "history" of Ontario airport. He was asking for practical advice and he was given it. Nobody is jumping all over him.

Old 04-10-2023, 09:01 PM

Some of both did know and we did care and we told him. Everyone knows that the written word doesn't always come across the way it was intended. I even sympathize with him about taking a wrong turn which happened to me as well. I don't understand what you're complaining about.

Old 04-11-2023, 09:13 AM

Wow, cool. Now that's the ONT I remember. Took many a flight there by waiting in a holding area, walking out to the stairway and into the plane.

Old 04-14-2023, 05:08 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,972,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLikeAGradStudent View Post
The airport moved, in essence, about 25 years ago, the terminals, runways and parking. So the numbering seems off. It was a much more prominent facility, more standalone, before LAX bought it. It took a real dive in traffic -- fares not competitive, tough econ in the Inland Empire, LAX hovered over routes and carriers -- and is nowhere near the airport it could be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Thanks for reminding me about the LAX purchase. Burns me up because so many people have to drive to LAX and contribute even further to the traffic over there, not to mention people having to spend all that unnecessary time, wear and tear on their vehicle, and money for gas. I used to fly in and out of ONT for many years, living in the area. It was inexpensive and quite convenient. Profiteers don't care about the little people. Big surprise.
City of LA bought it from City of Ontario back in the mid 80s. And around 2015, LAWA gave up ownership of the airport which was given back to basically the City of Ontario/SB County again. Ontario will get better as the IE gets more wealthy and people dont want to trek it to LAX or even SNA. The Taipei direct that was added a couple years ago could be a future sign for ONT so long as the economy holds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties