Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2020, 05:41 AM

2 posts, read 1,877 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to say that Utah has the most absolutely worst "family court" in the world. It is unbelievably broken. I wasted tens of thousands of dollars on attorneys and I still am unable to see my daughter for years. She is almost 18 now. Her mother always wanted to be an actress and her only avenue for that is the witness stand. Her lawyer sold his soul to the devil many years ago. And the judges don't give the slightest of damns about ANY of it all.

Worst of all is my ex talks so much crap about me for her own sympathy that complete strangers gave me dirty looks last time I was with my daughter and she saw/met people that she knew and they found out that I was her father.

It's pretty pathetic because most of them were Mormon and not supposed to be judgmental.

Anyhow, I just had to blow off some steam. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 06:58 PM

28,115 posts, read 30,032,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_sn0w View Post
I just wanted to say that Utah has the most absolutely worst "family court" in the world. It is unbelievably broken. I wasted tens of thousands of dollars on attorneys and I still am unable to see my daughter for years. She is almost 18 now. Her mother always wanted to be an actress and her only avenue for that is the witness stand. Her lawyer sold his soul to the devil many years ago. And the judges don't give the slightest of damns about ANY of it all.

Worst of all is my ex talks so much crap about me for her own sympathy that complete strangers gave me dirty looks last time I was with my daughter and she saw/met people that she knew and they found out that I was her father.

It's pretty pathetic because most of them were Mormon and not supposed to be judgmental.

I can understand wanting to blow off steam, but I do have one question for you. You say Mormons aren't supposed to be judgmental. Who is supposed to be judgmental? I'm also curious... Did they volunteer the fact that they were LDS or did you have to come out and ask them?

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-16-2020 at 07:09 PM..

Old 06-16-2020, 08:39 PM

9,380 posts, read 7,003,158 times
This is a judgment free zone but your real issue is with your ex wife and not with the state of Utah. My your future relationships be more fruitful!

Old 06-18-2020, 07:23 PM

3,105 posts, read 2,238,073 times
Quote:

Hope you find the help you need. The post says more about you than Utah, Mormons or the family court. If your daughter is almost 18, soon she will be able to make up her own mind if she wants to see you or not. And, the success of that will depend upon your maturity and frame of mind. Perhaps that's where your efforts should be directed.

Old 06-20-2020, 08:24 PM

2 posts, read 1,877 times
Oh, ok. Yeah, it's only me that has a problem. Suuuure. Except all of the other guys in the Utah Fathers rights groups.

Old 06-21-2020, 10:44 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,526,216 times
Welcome to the world of Circuit Court. Hopefully your judge wasn't as drunk as the one that heard my daughter's cases.

Our Family Court is actually held in the rooms outside of the courtroom--with one side sparring with the other trying to cut a compromise. Attorneys spend hours and hours arguing when it would be better to just get the decision from the judge. He's going to have to agree to any compromise anyway. But they're both getting paid by the hour. Doesn't take long to run up $10,000 in lawyers' bills.

The outcome was that we see our grandson every other weekend, and our 8 year old granddaughter will be raised by us permanently. We never signed on to be 80 years old when she gets out of high school. But it is what it is.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:12 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,800,228 times
I'm so sorry for what you have been through. Your daughter is now of an age (has been for at least two years) where she gets to decide what relationship she wants to have with you. Give up the battle with your ex, and focus on building a relationship with your daughter, in which you never bring up her mother, unless SHE wants to talk about her, and even then, only say, "It was hard for all of us." Focus on moving forward.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:41 AM

14,431 posts, read 14,359,027 times
Quote:

I'm sorry. Its rare for a parent to be denied visitation rights to a child. I cannot help but think there is more to this story than you let on.

Old 07-11-2020, 12:14 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,573,191 times
Family court is a difficult environment in every state. This is not unique to Utah.

Further, you can't tell who is LDS and who isn't. They'd have to tell you. Blanket statements about groups of people are prejudiced and bigoted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area