Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,790,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmondpics View Post
Good deal. While you're in town, check out the Irish Festival in Church Hill and French Film festival in Carytown.

BTW, Bellevue in northside has had some rentals in your price range. There was a 4 bdrm for rent on our street for $1,200. Hilton is a good city elementary school. Walking distance to school, shops (dry cleaners, specialty beer/wine, florist, yoga, CVS, etc) and half a dozen or so restaurants.
As I said in my previous post in this thread, I visited parts of the Northside last Saturday (having never really been there before) and I'm now convinced that will be where I buy. It's such a great neighborhood. It was like love at first sight; somehow I just immediately knew it was a nice neighborhood within minutes of driving around (maybe it was the fact that everyone I passed waved at me!).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 01:18 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,782,443 times
Bellevue actually tends to be more reasonable then the west end. And has a good elementary school to boot.

However, if you hate being around yuppies with small children for some reason, Bellevue would be a bad choice...

I've heard great things about an Italian restaurant up there, but haven't had a chance to go yet. Bellevue also has a great wine store and diner - so suburban necessities are pretty much checked off..

Needless to say, I think it's a nice place.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:12 PM

7 posts, read 7,742 times
Where is Bellevue exactly? I need street boundaries or a zip code. I cant find it on a map. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:27 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,790,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grrlmedic View Post
Where is Bellevue exactly? I need street boundaries or a zip code. I cant find it on a map. Thanks.
Bellevue is on this map surrounded by a dotted line (may be difficult to see):

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Belle...=wl&authuser=0

"Bounded on the east by Brook Road, on the west by Hermitage Road, on the north by Westbrook Avenue and on the south by West Laburnum Avenue."

Bellevue Neighborhood

The area directly south of that (bound by Brook Rd, Laburnum Ave, and 64/95) is pretty nice too for the most part, though it can get more expensive depending on the location.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:52 AM

7 posts, read 7,742 times
Ended up finding cute house north of the city/lakeside, just east of 95, near Parham road, but west of 295. Anyone know what neighborhood this is or what I should call it when friends ask? The neighborhood is nice, established but does not seem to be near restaurants, shopping etc. I could be wrong, I certainly don't know the area. Anyone know good places to go, shop, eat, etc. Agent suggested route 1/brook road. Or would we just head to Bellevue or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond