Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 06:31 PM

4,676 posts, read 10,013,899 times

Advertisements

I love Salisbury as well.

In terms of financial health of the two districts... Chesterfields budget has been passed. No issues.

Henrico is still in the works with an 11 million dollar gap to fill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM

185 posts, read 536,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyB123 View Post
I will write more soon, but we loved, loved, loved the Midlothian area. Particularly the Salisbury neighborhood. I am not concerned with the schools being "good enough" anymore, but I do have some concerns with the overall "financial health" of the Chesterfield Co public school district in comparison to Henrico. Is there a reputable site to look up these statistics? For example as previously mentioned, how much is spent per student, the projected financial outlook for the school districts, etc? Someone also mentioned on here that "Chesterfield is broke" - I am wondering how/where to look up this information. Where we currently live, we pay a separate School Tax (which is very high) in addition to property taxes. Even though much of this is based on your particular home value, in my experience, it also tells a lot about the school district. Even in our current economy, we are fortunate, that our school district is in very good financial shape. I wouldn't know how to begin to look into this for Henrico vs. Midlothian SD schools to see if this is/should be a concern. Thanks for any input!
Glad you found the Salisbury area wonderful.
Go to Chesterfield City (.gov) website for stats / specifics.
I know the city spends $9000+ per student, which is awesome.
The budget is well-managed. Chesterfield is broke? That's new news to me.
Schools well maintained despite cuts in recent years.
We've been very happy.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:50 PM

1,683 posts, read 3,454,303 times
One thing to consider is that the starting/ending times for schools are reversed between the two. In Chesterfield County, high schools start at 7:25, then middle schools, then elementary. In Henrico County, it is reversed. Just something to consider.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:59 AM

83 posts, read 148,751 times
Are the school taxes in Chesterfield in addition to property taxes too? Or are they included in property taxes? If not included, how much do they run?

Thanks.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:21 PM

418 posts, read 1,051,037 times
They are part of the property taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Richmond