Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 04:10 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/news/stutterin...171913856.html

The sad part was despite his notoriety on the show he was paid $35K a year...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2020, 11:42 PM

9 posts, read 5,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
[url]https://www.yahoo.com/news/stuttering-john-howard-stern-fame-171913856.html[/url]

The sad part was despite his notoriety on the show he was paid $35K a year...
If I remember correctly most of the Stern crew made their money doing guest-hosting gigs and touring. So 35k was his base pay and also back in those days $35k was a lot more. That'd be like $50K today.

Old 10-18-2020, 04:51 PM

416 posts, read 408,514 times
Stuttering Dummy was a supporting cast member on a radio show almost two decades ago. He quit with a cocky attitude to join Jay Leno’s show and basically gave the finger to Stern. Subsequently he failed and is a washed out has been. His current gig mumbling nonsense on a podcast. Move on dude, you blew it.

Disclaimer - I don’t love Stern. He’s a complete sell out these days.

Old 10-30-2020, 11:28 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peta2013 View Post
Stuttering Dummy was a supporting cast member on a radio show almost two decades ago. He quit with a cocky attitude to join Jay Leno’s show and basically gave the finger to Stern. Subsequently he failed and is a washed out has been. His current gig mumbling nonsense on a podcast. Move on dude, you blew it.

I listened to a Stern episode from last month - the first hour was totally political, I thought I was listening to MSNBC. There are still some interesting bits but as I only pay $5 a month for SiriusXM I don't feel like I'm getting ripped off.

Old 01-06-2021, 03:34 PM

608 posts, read 515,432 times
I never could stand Howard Stern. I can remember when he first came to FM radio in LA. I was listening to Mark and Brian in those days and was getting tired of their high school humor. Someone told me about Stern so I gave him a listen. I forgot just how long I lasted but it wasn't long. The only thing I clearly remember hearing him say was that he wished Arsenio Hall would get AIDS. I changed stations and never listened to him again. I wasn't much of A.H. fan but I thought it was a mean spirited thing to say about anyone. Also, his mindless minions calling TV shows like Larry Kings and yelling baba boooey didn't help.

Old 03-24-2021, 12:46 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,649,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
I never could stand Howard Stern. I can remember when he first came to FM radio in LA. I was listening to Mark and Brian in those days and was getting tired of their high school humor. Someone told me about Stern so I gave him a listen. I forgot just how long I lasted but it wasn't long. The only thing I clearly remember hearing him say was that he wished Arsenio Hall would get AIDS. I changed stations and never listened to him again. I wasn't much of A.H. fan but I thought it was a mean spirited thing to say about anyone. Also, his mindless minions calling TV shows like Larry Kings and yelling baba boooey didn't help.
Remember this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLmoqbR3gto

Old 05-04-2021, 02:39 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,653,855 times
Quote:
Wow, I totally forgot that used to be a thing.

Old 05-05-2021, 02:15 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peta2013 View Post

Stern is fine. He grew up

Old 05-05-2021, 02:16 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,135,397 times
Morning radio is dead until someone gives me a show and pays me at 50k.

Old 01-26-2022, 06:40 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
I remember when his show was finally being broadcasted in Chicago in the mid 90s. I had heard of him for years. So when his show finally came to Chicago I listened and never understood what the big deal was or why people found him funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Radio