Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 11:04 AM

3 posts, read 3,441 times

Advertisements

How do you find a person from 40 years ago if you don't have their last name, just an old address & 1st name ? Is there a way to find out who rented the property from 1981 through 1982? The person didn't own it, but they rented it. I know, I'm asking for the impossible .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 11:44 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGarc1974 View Post
How do you find a person from 40 years ago if you don't have their last name,
just an old address & 1st name?...I know, I'm asking for the impossible .
Start with the schools in the neighborhood you both attended.
Class pictures? Maybe an alumni group?

Old 03-04-2022, 06:32 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,927,273 times
I agree with Mr. Rational, this isn't enough information.

But Wichita Falls is kind of a small town, and maybe posting on their CraigsList site under lost and found might help.

Do you have a photo of him/her?

Are you still in the neighborhood, so you could knock on neighboring doors (in the broad daylight) and ask if they remember the family? Can you knock on the door now, and find out who owns the property?

Old 03-05-2022, 11:51 AM

2 posts, read 1,978 times
If you have the property address, you could do some digging and come up with subdivision name, lot number, etc., and from there you might be able to use an online service (https://publicrecords.netronline.com/) to look up the property ownership records (deeds of trust).

Or, you could try the country assessor's website for the property, look up the current owner, and then work backwards using the names of the grantees/grantors on the deeds of trust to find a previous owner provided their online records go back that far.

Old 03-05-2022, 12:34 PM

1,554 posts, read 1,045,572 times
I've located childhood friends by searching for their parents' obituaries which sometimes gives the location of the surviving children.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:18 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,927,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I've located childhood friends by searching for their parents' obituaries which sometimes gives the location of the surviving children.
I do that too, and it's often successful. You have to know a last name, though, not just someone's first name.

Old 03-27-2022, 10:52 AM

14,450 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
How do you find a person from 40 years ago if you don't have their last name, just an old address & 1st name ? Is there a way to find out who rented the property from 1981 through 1982? The person didn't own it, but they rented it. I know, I'm asking for the impossible .

Post what you have as far as names, locations, dates, etc.

Old 03-31-2022, 02:36 PM

3 posts, read 3,441 times
Default Lost nieghborhood friend from Wichita Falls Texas with NO last name

Quote:
UPDATE as of today March 31, 2021 Thursay 2:22 p.m.

So, as I continued my search, There was a individual that helped me find the property owners to the locaction at 1309 and 1311 Kell E. Blvd Wichita Falls Texas and behind it was a Taylor Foundry Comany. So, the owner that I thought the house we lived in at the time in 1980/ 1981was not the same owner, so I did further investigation and found that in fact 1307 back in 1980/ 1981 was the home my parents gave rent money to. My mom had said it was the owner of Taylor Foundry Company at that time, so I did a search on " True People Seach with the " reverse address search " and the property still is owed by Taylor Foundry. So the Neighbors or the owner is correct as being Munoz at 1309. So, I still need a last name for Josh and his twin brothers named Timmy and Tommy. Their mom use to pick them up after she was done with work at their Grandpa's and he was the one that lived at 1309 Kell E Blvd, Wichita Falls Texas. I don't remember his age . I just know he was old and Josh, the one I'm looking for was my age or a year older that me and his twin brothers had to be 5 years at the time maybe 6, so as of the present I am 48, so Josh must be the same age or a year older and the twins have to be 45 or 46 years old. So I am still looking for a last name. If anyone can help me, please let me know. I appreciate the help I have gotten so far.

Thank you.

Old 03-31-2022, 04:55 PM

Others have mentioned ways that can give clues: neighbors, address records, obituaries.
They are all good sources because they give you a physical document to confirm what some free site might give. You have to try to avoid letting a free site create the story when in fact they can piggy back on other free sites which has false data.

It seems from a Google search that the Taylor Foundry was family owned and had been in the community for many decades. The owner now appears to be a Lloyd Taylor.

I forgot the ends of the arrows but here you see the small grey squares which represent dwellings.
With all the streets near the foundry and the current addresses still owned by Taylor you now have more "former neighbors" that might be the person who knows the last name you need.

Old 04-05-2022, 07:57 AM

I'm mailing out a couple letters to people who lived nearby. Let's hope for some positive results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > People Search