Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 12:39 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Yuk View Post
So there should be no sanctions against the PSU football program because of MONEY made from football???? That's the mindset that created this mess in the first place. You do know it is possible to have a strong academic university without big-time sports. There are plenty of great universities in this country with plenty of buildings and academic programs that do not make any significant money from their sports programs.

As for if I've ever been to Penn State? Yes, I graduated from there. I graduated from a satellite campus, but have been to the main campus many times to visit friends and have gone to football games there.
Take most of the money made from football and use it for therapy for sex abuse victims and give some more to the Penn State Milton Hershey Hospital pediatric unit...there problem solved
I can't say enough good for that hospital, they saved my oldest son's life twice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 12:40 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,410 times
And I say again that you were not.
I would also argue to say that the overwhelming majority of the contributors in this thread agree with me.
According to your own logic you really shouldn't be taken seriously as a molested child because your only a child right?

Take your lies and self masturbation elsewhere because there are members that will console you as the disgusting person you are.

Run along now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Really!?!!!!! you wanna really play the "one -up" game about molestation...and you think I'm flip and callous?

MAYBE some of us have seen way too much in this life and are just plain tired and a wee bit jaded about things...guess it never occured to you.
Maybe I'm sick to death of seeing victims being kept in their victim-hood by people who are really just out for $$$.
Maybe I see innocent as being equal ...one not being above the other based on age.
One innocent person deserves as much protection and respect as another.
And, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

And FYI (Lord i'm loathe to sink to your level) I was molested from age 3 til age 6 by my mother's best friend's son (who was my babysitter)
Not only did he molest me, but his idea of "babysitting" (during the summer) was to lock me in their metal shed, while he would go play baseball with his friends...thank God for the deep freeze I was able and smart enough to open to get cool.
And I never told my parents, because I was made to believe that my dad would have another heart-attack if he found out "I was being that bad"...
You really don't deserve any of these details.
The nerve of you...may you rot!

Old 07-13-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
I would also argue to say that the overwhelming majority of the contributors in this thread agree with me.
According to your own logic you really shouldn't be taken seriously as a molested child because your only a child right?

Take your lies and self masturbation elsewhere because there are members that will console you as the disgusting person you are.

Run along now.
Oh yes, i'm deluded but yet you claim to be a mind -reader...okay

and yet, you can't seem to read script very well...cos I never said children should not be taken seriously.. I said, we seem to have a culture that tends to worship them. the pendulum has definitely swung from one extreme to the other.. It's gone from children are objects/posessions .... to we put them on a pedestal and now, they never lie, and can do no wrong and we must cater to their every whim and children are soooo much more important than anyone else because of their youth.
I'm for a happy medium... we don't have to irrationally put one innocent party before another
And you know what? the more I read your posts, the more I think you're full of it. I can't imagine ANYONE who was REALLY molested wanting to initiate a game of "one-up" How sick is that?

Old 07-13-2012, 01:02 PM

24,112 posts, read 32,468,260 times
The bottom line to me is, Penn State is supposed to be an institution of higher learning. Not a venue for a football team or the personality cult surrounding the late Mr. Paterno.

And since this incident surrounding Sanduskey, "Penn State" is synonymous with sexual abuse.

Foot Ball is a part of some colleges. The one where I did most of my undergrad work had no football team and no fraternities. We were better off for it, I think.

Football needs to be put into perspective. And the Grid Iron of silence must come down.

If Penn State gave up foot ball for a few years, perhaps they could focus on the real purpose of the school.

I know my viewpoint is bound to be unpopular but it's something that needs to happen if the University is ever to be taken seriously again in academics - or in sports.

About a year ago my soon to be Junior in HS daughter was thinking of Penn State (main campus) And while they are inundating her with offers, she has no interest.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:11 PM

Sheena, I agree that football needs to be put into perspective, and the silence needs to end..if it means football needs to go on hold for a year or 2, that's better than losing it totally.
Like I said previously, I'm not a football fan, but I have seen the good that comes out of that school, and in part from $$$ that's brought in by football.
I live near a campus, so there's a large presence here. They do a lot with things like health-fairs and the like. I know a lot of families who are tied into that school, faculty, students or support staff. I'd hate to see them suffer, it's been a hard ride as it is

Old 07-13-2012, 01:16 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,383,410 times
Please quit polluting this thread with your tripe and rotting circlicur logic that has led you into the lions mouth.

Your illness is what we need to concentrate on now.
Your disease of attention seeking and public displays of grandeur concerning your false molestation.

Oh no child if anything you have sullied the very thread you thought you were contributing to.

Please explain to the good people here the very disease that is causing your written word to be cast into the shadows of broad daylight.

Explain the way you are so john and Jane public and shed light upon your self inflicted wounds so we can all view exactly what you are and will further become.

Remember you are only persecuting the infliction of yourself no one else.

Quickly my boy run to mother she will know what to do for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
Oh yes, i'm deluded but yet you claim to be a mind -reader...okay

and yet, you can't seem to read script very well...cos I never said children should not be taken seriously.. I said, we seem to have a culture that tends to worship them. the pendulum has definitely swung from one extreme to the other.. It's gone from children are objects/posessions .... to we put them on a pedestal and now, they never lie, and can do no wrong and we must cater to their every whim and children are soooo much more important than anyone else because of their youth.
I'm for a happy medium... we don't have to irrationally put one innocent party before another
And you know what? the more I read your posts, the more I think you're full of it. I can't imagine ANYONE who was REALLY molested wanting to initiate a game of "one-up" How sick is that?

Old 07-13-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Please quit polluting this thread with your tripe and rotting circlicur logic that has led you into the lions mouth.

Your illness is what we need to concentrate on now.
Your disease of attention seeking and public displays of grandeur concerning your false molestation.

Oh no child if anything you have sullied the very thread you thought you were contributing to.

Please explain to the good people here the very disease that is causing your written word to be cast into the shadows of broad daylight.

Explain the way you are so john and Jane public and shed light upon your self inflicted wounds so we can all view exactly what you are and will further become.

Quickly my boy run to mother she will know what to do for you.
Yeah okay..."backs away slowly"

Isn't there a hotline you should be calling?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:07 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:

Run along now.
What other kind is there?

Old 07-13-2012, 02:21 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,738,907 times
From Forbes...

Put Away Your Torches: Why Penn State Football Should Not Be Killed

Old 07-13-2012, 02:46 PM

130 posts, read 251,833 times
Shame on us for admiring Paterno? How were we supposed to know he was knee deep in an almost unbelievable story. Get off your high horse. I love liberals like you all up in arms over this but you disappear when an illegal immigrant kills or rapes someone. Why? Because it pokes holes in your liberal cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania