Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 04:03 AM

4 posts, read 7,703 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums here...I'm looking for a house in either Fairfax, South Riding, or Brambleton. If anyone lives in and around these areas, I'd love to hear about your guys' experiences living there. I don't really have too many requirements, just kind of curious as to how these places compare to each other.

Thanks guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2014, 05:49 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,143,457 times
Fairfax City is far different than the other two. Housing is going to be much older and more expensive. If you like to be closer to a wide variety of things then Fairfax City would be the better place.

South Riding is nice but far out and the only way in is Rt 50 which is a mess.

Brambleton is equally far out but you'll be closer too things and have more choices to avoid traffic.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:05 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,322,255 times
Whats the goal? Whats priorities? Whats pricing?

This kind of question will essentially provide you with zero feedback.

All of them are fine, put them in a hat and pick one I suppose.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:19 AM

9,886 posts, read 14,157,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virginiamiscer View Post
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forums here...I'm looking for a house in either Fairfax, South Riding, or Brambleton.
Fairfax City? Fairfax county?

Old 04-21-2014, 08:15 AM

5 posts, read 20,984 times
Fairfax City vs South Riding vs Brambleton, i think Brambleton is the best, you can find a new and cheap house/good environment/more choices of traffic

Old 04-21-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysonsengineer View Post
Whats the goal? Whats priorities? Whats pricing?

This kind of question will essentially provide you with zero feedback.

All of them are fine, put them in a hat and pick one I suppose.
I didn't ask for anything specific mate, just peoples' experiences living in and around these areas. What they like about them and what they don't. No need to be a smartass. Thanks.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
Fairfax City? Fairfax county?
Fairfax City, says it in the title...

Old 04-21-2014, 08:33 AM

9,886 posts, read 14,157,560 times
Quote:
I didn't ask for anything specific mate, just peoples' experiences living in and around these areas. What they like about them and what they don't. No need to be a smartass. Thanks.
He wasn't being a smartass, he was asking specific questions to help with responses.

How does it help you if someone raves about Brambleton and all of the amenities and fun things to do, but they happen to be a SAHM who doesn't have to deal with traffic and their idea of "fun" things are "Mommy and Me" groups?

What if someone raves about Fairfax City and all of the amenities, but they happen to be a retired person who purely likes the easy access to many different medical centers?

Without us knowing what YOU find important, our comments don't mean much.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
He wasn't being a smartass, he was asking specific questions to help with responses.

How does it help you if someone raves about Brambleton and all of the amenities and fun things to do, but they happen to be a SAHM who doesn't have to deal with traffic and their idea of "fun" things are "Mommy and Me" groups?

What if someone raves about Fairfax City and all of the amenities, but they happen to be a retired person who purely likes the easy access to many different medical centers?

Without us knowing what YOU find important, our comments don't mean much.
I'm not even close to buying a house at this point, I'm just searching. I don't think there's anything wrong with asking someone how they, personally, feel about a certain area. Helps me.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 AM

2,772 posts, read 4,322,255 times
Quote:
I'm not even close to buying a house at this point, I'm just searching. I don't think there's anything wrong with asking someone how they, personally, feel about a certain area. Helps me.
Its NOVA, there really isn't much of a difference between any of them, the pricing differences are 100% based on psf and location. Schools, vibe, etc might have some on the margin changes to the price, but basically you buy based on a radial dimension from the city and how much traffic you like to bear.

Anyone who tells you this is nice over that is nice, is likely just stating their point of view from where they live because at the end of the day the differences in lifestyle between your options is the same. If you threw in Arlington, or Vienna, or DC then you have actually changes in what the vibe of the areas are. I suppose one could argue that Fairfax City is a bit town-ish compared to the others, but for 95% of people who live in Fairfax City, they likely don't live in the area that is townish.

We aren't being smart asses, your question just doesn't make much sense without context. Its the burbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia