Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 10:48 AM

3,375 posts, read 1,761,438 times

Advertisements

[quote=Benny the Mutt;66665989]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
"I'd really like someone to explain Bragg's case, if possible"

Have you read the indictments?
Indictments just like what the Romans indicted Jesus on the same grounds right? If Trump did something really heinous and deservingly so then we should persecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

Here the indictments are simply how the prosecution wants to perceive it as a serious criminal offense while people are getting off the hook with murder they rather spend resource and time after white collar crimes. While Trump maybe guilty of these offenses but I take offense in the way NY and the democrats uses all of their highest paid agents to go after Trump rather than work on real problems. They are self serving rather than serving the public. Nothing that Trump done here has hurt anybody. So how is it serving the public's interest? Maybe we need to vote on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 11:23 AM

1,522 posts, read 1,824,273 times
It's scary to know that he made it through life before doing that to himself. What a violent way to go.

Old 04-22-2024, 11:38 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,782,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
There is not a single person in America that is 100% law abiding knowingly or unknowingly. Laws and regulations in America are created to enforce authority over people. It is not meant to keep people honest otherwise there wouldn't be enough jails to keep all of the politicians that are publicly have broken the law.

Nancy Pelosi has publicly broken the senate finance regulation of buying and selling stocks they are about to pass the law on. Chief Justice Roberts broken the ethics law by buying and owning stocks that he was going to rule on. Where is the outrage here?

Because those people are under the radar vs Trump. But Pelosi at the time was more powerful than Trump as the House Leader and Chief Justice Roberts arguably more powerful than any President.
Pelosi and Roberts aren’t running for President

Old 04-22-2024, 11:59 AM

298 posts, read 172,747 times
Quote:
Are you saying you can't encapsulate it? It's fine if you can't. All I'm asking for is a layman's explanation of the indictment.

Trump is alleged to have committed creative bookkeeping (a misdemeanor) that's elevated to a felony because of a second crime. What is the second crime, and was he ever charged with that second crime?

Its all quite simple. "Falsifying New York business records in order to conceal damaging information and unlawful activity from American voters before and after the 2016 election. During the election, TRUMP and others employed a “catch and kill” scheme to identify, purchase, and bury negative information about him and boost his electoral prospects. TRUMP then went to great lengths to hide this conduct, causing dozens of false entries in business records to conceal criminal activity, including attempts to violate state and federal election laws. "

It is clearly explained here https://manhattanda.org/wp-content/u...-04-04-SOF.pdf

Old 04-22-2024, 12:08 PM

8,136 posts, read 7,521,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny the Mutt View Post
Its all quite simple. "Falsifying New York business records in order to conceal damaging information and unlawful activity from American voters before and after the 2016 election. During the election, TRUMP and others employed a “catch and kill” scheme to identify, purchase, and bury negative information about him and boost his electoral prospects. TRUMP then went to great lengths to hide this conduct, causing dozens of false entries in business records to conceal criminal activity, including attempts to violate state and federal election laws. "

It is clearly explained here https://manhattanda.org/wp-content/u...-04-04-SOF.pdf
In other words, you can't explain it. What was the "criminal activity"? What were the "state and federal election laws", and how were they violated?

Alvin Bragg can't explain it either. Otherwise, he would have done so by now.

Don't get me wrong, a Manhattan jury is capable finding Trump guilty of being from Outer Space if they think that's what it takes to subvert the 2024 Presidential election.

Old 04-22-2024, 12:24 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,018,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
It's scary to know that he made it through life before doing that to himself. What a violent way to go.
From my own research, the body goes into a shock from the initial pain and then goes somewhat numb.

Still one of the most horrific ways to die. I can only assume that regret kicked in immediately. Or not.

Old 04-22-2024, 12:46 PM

[quote=MKTwet;66666484]
Quote:

Indictments just like what the Romans indicted Jesus on the same grounds right? If Trump did something really heinous and deservingly so then we should persecute him to the fullest extent of the law.

Here the indictments are simply how the prosecution wants to perceive it as a serious criminal offense while people are getting off the hook with murder they rather spend resource and time after white collar crimes. While Trump maybe guilty of these offenses but I take offense in the way NY and the democrats uses all of their highest paid agents to go after Trump rather than work on real problems. They are self serving rather than serving the public. Nothing that Trump done here has hurt anybody. So how is it serving the public's interest? Maybe we need to vote on this.

I dont think Christ was indicted nor would I believe he would have gotten a fair trial.

Vote on what? Whether we should eliminate law and order? Whether white collar crimes should be excused? Perhaps only charges should never be brought against anyone who served in elected office regardless of when their alleged crimes took place or what they were.

What is your solution to 'nobody is above the law'?

Who's getting "off the hook" on murder in NY? Are murder charges being dismissed by NY prosecutors?

If the "democrats" are all so powerful. across the nation, with the ability to just make up the laws as things go along and make them work, they would rule the country.

The question Ive seen asked often is 'why did they wait so long to indict?'
Simple. Bill Barr said policy stated you cant prosecute a sitting president.

I hope to see your thoughts on the other 3 indictments, perhaps in an appropriate forum.

Old 04-22-2024, 12:50 PM

Quote:
In other words, you can't explain it. What was the "criminal activity"? What were the "state and federal election laws", and how were they violated?

Alvin Bragg can't explain it either. Otherwise, he would have done so by now.

Don't get me wrong, a Manhattan jury is capable finding Trump guilty of being from Outer Space if they think that's what it takes to subvert the 2024 Presidential election.

The answers to your questions are here: da.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/2023-04-04-SOF.pdf

Old 04-22-2024, 01:08 PM

1,169 posts, read 646,392 times
For those who care:

- Max Azzarello, 37
- April 2022 his mother died.
- Waldman (friend): “They were close, and they had a good relationship. He was heartbroken.”
- Aug 2023, Azzarello posted on FB: “Three days in the psych ward, and all I got were my new favorite socks.”
- April 13 - 19, 2024, Azzarello arrives in NYC - the 2nd anniversary of his beloved mother's death.
- At 1.30pm ET on Friday April 19, 2024 he entered a park outside the New York courthouse and sets himself on fire.
- “To my friends and family, witnesses and first responders, I deeply apologize for inflicting this pain upon you.” he wrote.

Old 04-22-2024, 01:52 PM

8,136 posts, read 7,521,586 times
Quote:
The answers to your questions are here: da.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/2023-04-04-SOF.pdf
Is that a joke? That's a link to something called Durham Academy.

Look, there's no shame in being unable to explain what Trump is charged with. I'm admitting I don't know, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City