Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 06:27 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I’m all for other cities across beautiful USA having their own thing going and getting better. This stupid notion that NYC is the only dog on the game is for the birds. Plenty of cities out there that have better charisma.
*shrugs* Just seems a strange place to make such a "power" move IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2024, 06:59 PM

342 posts, read 318,876 times
It’s an odd place to put such a tall building. Even with such a building, OC will never be on the same level as NYC, Chicago or Philadelphia.

Old 02-17-2024, 07:03 PM

1,302 posts, read 335,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
*shrugs* Just seems a strange place to make such a "power" move IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey340 View Post
It’s an odd place to put such a tall building. Even with such a building, OC will never be on the same level as NYC, Chicago or Philadelphia.
US is producing more oil and gas than ever in history. Most of that is coming from the shale fields in OK, TX, and NM. This is just a sign that there’s so much money sloshing around in that area that they don’t know what to do with it.

Old 02-18-2024, 07:20 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,950,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
US is producing more oil and gas than ever in history. Most of that is coming from the shale fields in OK, TX, and NM. This is just a sign that there’s so much money sloshing around in that area that they don’t know what to do with it.
There is so much wealth in the world that the owners are dying from boredom, so they start wars. Its like playing chess.

Old 02-18-2024, 08:10 AM

34,098 posts, read 47,316,181 times
Quote:
There is so much wealth in the world that the owners are dying from boredom, so they start wars. Its like playing chess.
Dave done figured it out
Lol

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-18-2024, 08:19 AM

1,302 posts, read 335,745 times
Quote:
Humans have been fighting each other since we were running around naked with sticks and stones as weapons. Not sure wealth plays much of a role.

Old 02-18-2024, 09:42 AM

5,831 posts, read 2,950,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So Dave, why are you still here?
Older parents who I will not leave behind.

Old 02-18-2024, 12:24 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,106,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
There isn't enough demand. It's a very ambitious proposal. If this were built, it would sit next to a parking lot and a low-rise 3 or 4 story warehouse.

If I were a betting man, I'd definitely put a ton of $$ down that this thing will never be built.

Who is their buying audience for the tower's residents? That's my question.

They'll have miles and miles and miles of - prairie views. LOL
Very true. The higher they build, the more it will cost per square foot. They will have to account for that cost when charging rent. That is doable in a densely populated city like NYC or Chicago, but in OKC those rents will have to be much higher than surrounding buildings competing for tenants. I will be very surprised if it is built and occupied.

Old 02-18-2024, 02:35 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Watch out NYC Oklahoma City if plans go through could have tallest building in the country taller than World Trade Center. Oklahoma City the next Miami of south ?

It's planned to reach 581 meters (1,907 feet), snatching the US tallest tower record from One World Trade Center.

Architects and real estate developers are drawing up the plans to build the tallest skyscraper in the US; not in New York City nor Chicago, but Oklahoma City. The building plan features three towers, each rising to 105 meters (345 feet), and a fourth supertall tower called Legends Tower that will measure 581 meters (1,907 feet) tall.

If approved, the Legends Tower will beat the current record-holder for the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere: the One World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan, NYC. Additionally, it will sweep the title of the fifth tallest building in the world

https://www.iflscience.com/tallest-s...ely-city-72782
All I can ask is WHY?

Old 02-18-2024, 06:32 PM

30,172 posts, read 11,809,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I know that Oklahoma City is growing, but I'm surprised that there would be enough demand for new office space, not only there but in most cities, to fill this new tower.

In any case, you all got nothing on Blanchard, North Dakota.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVLY-TV_mast
Its about 5 million square feet of space. A lot of it will be residential. So if say the average apartment / condo going in there was 1500sf that would be a little over 3,000 apartments if that was all that was going in. That does not seem like that big a number. The county grew by 80,000 over the past 12 years. And it will have hotel rooms, restaurants and office space. I think it would effect traffic in the Bricktown area which is just east of down town. I have no idea how the office space situation is in OKC. I don't think they had the same problems as San Francisco or NYC which had a huge amount of their labor force suddenly working from home.

And it would make OKC a much bigger tourist draw with people wanting to see it or go up to the top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: