Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 05:02 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
You should be asking about what vetting the "parents" did of that "daycare." We were very careful vetting our caregivers.
I doubt that person has any concept of how we live. She simply cannot understand that normal people don’t drop their kids off in ghetto basements to go deliver food on scooters all day.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 10:57 AM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I doubt that person has any concept of how we live. She simply cannot understand that normal people don’t drop their kids off in ghetto basements to go deliver food on scooters all day.
The right question is if they even care about their kids' exposure to miscreants, or about their kids, period.

Old 09-27-2023, 11:48 AM

193 posts, read 106,867 times
Quote:
Our children wouldn’t be in ghetto day care settings run by illegals and perps. But hey, that’s my white supremacy talking.
yes. it'd be with some church run establishment where the priest would have his fill, right?

Old 09-27-2023, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeentt View Post
yes. it'd be with some church run establishment where the priest would have his fill, right?
Nope, strike two. As I said, you can’t grasp the concept of a non-ghetto lifestyle.

You believe that rampant crime, abuse, fraud, etc are a normal part of everyone’s lives.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-27-2023, 01:06 PM

5,831 posts, read 2,955,519 times
Husband arrested. In Mexico.
So they can find a guy in Mexico but they can’t close the border?? We are getting screwed.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news...entanyl-death/

Old 09-27-2023, 01:35 PM

2,468 posts, read 2,767,067 times
So many non-New Yorkers talking about accessibility and affordability to/of daycare in this city as a whole, and in the Bronx and this neighborhood particularly. The daycare was licensed and inspected, such as it was. Many NYC residents receive vouchers to help pay for childcare costs as they are crazy, crazy expensive.

In the neighborhood I grew up in, in the Bronx, local daycare charges, at a minimum depending on the age of the child, nearly $1500 a month. A parent/guardian often cannot afford that in this city and will qualify for assistance. Sadly, not all daycares accept those programs, and hands are easily tied in finding a center that would tick every single box that takes a program. I have employer-funded union-driven childcare (do not utilize it as I do not have children) and even that is a reimbursement system, and most cannot afford to wait on their money.

The bottom line, folks gotta work in this city, and when they don't all we hear is how they bleed the system for social safety nets. *eye roll*

Old 09-27-2023, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
So many non-New Yorkers talking about accessibility and affordability to/of daycare in this city as a whole, and in the Bronx and this neighborhood particularly. The daycare was licensed and inspected, such as it was. Many NYC residents receive vouchers to help pay for childcare costs as they are crazy, crazy expensive.

In the neighborhood I grew up in, in the Bronx, local daycare charges, at a minimum depending on the age of the child, nearly $1500 a month. A parent/guardian often cannot afford that in this city and will qualify for assistance. Sadly, not all daycares accept those programs, and hands are easily tied in finding a center that would tick every single box that takes a program. I have employer-funded union-driven childcare (do not utilize it as I do not have children) and even that is a reimbursement system, and most cannot afford to wait on their money.

The bottom line, folks gotta work in this city, and when they don't all we hear is how they bleed the system for social safety nets. *eye roll*
I paid for my kids' day care - in NYC. I still pay for their private and home schooling, both of which also happen to be in NYC.

We visited who knows how many day cares before settling on one we TRUSTED, and could vet their safety record. Not by relying on some hokey political city agency but seeking out references from actual customers.

We didn't choose by affordability; we chose the BEST one for our kid, even though that meant tightening the belt in other ways.

Parents who can't afford kids shouldn't...
...have kids.

That's step one in the equation. Unfortunately for far too many, that's the one they pay the least attention to.

Old 09-27-2023, 02:20 PM

5,831 posts, read 2,955,519 times
Too many of these latinas think Jesus will raise their kids so they have one every time they get pregnant.
Too many people that should not have kids have way too many kids.

Old 09-27-2023, 05:39 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,033,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Too many of these latinas think Jesus will raise their kids so they have one every time they get pregnant.
Too many people that should not have kids have way too many kids.
Jesus is too busy delivering food for Uber eats on his escooter.

Old 09-29-2023, 05:44 AM

2,468 posts, read 2,767,067 times
Quote:
I paid for my kids' day care - in NYC. I still pay for their private and home schooling, both of which also happen to be in NYC.

We visited who knows how many day cares before settling on one we TRUSTED, and could vet their safety record. Not by relying on some hokey political city agency but seeking out references from actual customers.

We didn't choose by affordability; we chose the BEST one for our kid, even though that meant tightening the belt in other ways.

Parents who can't afford kids shouldn't...
...have kids.

That's step one in the equation. Unfortunately for far too many, that's the one they pay the least attention to.
I’m glad to hear you’re privileged enough to have options for childcare. Not everyone does and more likely to not be so in lower socioeconomic communities.

Speaking personally, we don’t have children as we chose to wait- wait for completion of Masters level education, wait for better financial situation, wait to be able to avoid daycare and one of us be home until school age, etc. . And you know what happened? We waited too long and now I’m too old to have children without intervention. Like my mom said to me several times over the years, “You’ll never have enough money when you have kids, but you figure it out”.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: