Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2024, 07:50 PM

34,033 posts, read 47,252,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Some of the items he's looking to bring to Trenton.

"During an hour-long event at Rowan University Tuesday night, Baraka hinted at what his gubernatorial agenda for New Jersey would look like: Affordable housing, reparations, baby bonds, desegregating schools and increasing taxes on corporations and the wealthy"

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/0...ssive-00142517

He's very progressive, with other peoples money.

I also had high hopes for Booker when he became Mayor, but for some reason once they're in, things change for the worse.
Essentially some people have to be kept poor in order for this whole thing to work, I agree with you

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2024, 05:10 AM

19,033 posts, read 13,944,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Essentially some people have to be kept poor in order for this whole thing to work, I agree with you
Unfortunately that’s exactly what politicians like him need to maintain power: a large base of poor, dependent voters.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-23-2024, 06:31 AM

1,142 posts, read 857,406 times
He did impose the strictest COVID rules for Newark and forced all businesses to close by 10pm well after even Murphy lifted all COVID restrictions. Therefore he is very bad for the small business economy and even a worse dictator than Murphy. Keep this in mind folks. He will also keep the NO GAS cars allowed rule in the future and will also ban gas stoves and continue the ridiculous plastic bag ban that has been a failure. Basically all those idiotic Democrap policies wont change.

Old 02-23-2024, 09:24 AM

10,435 posts, read 6,964,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njrebel1978 View Post
He did impose the strictest COVID rules for Newark and forced all businesses to close by 10pm well after even Murphy lifted all COVID restrictions. Therefore he is very bad for the small business economy and even a worse dictator than Murphy. Keep this in mind folks. He will also keep the NO GAS cars allowed rule in the future and will also ban gas stoves and continue the ridiculous plastic bag ban that has been a failure. Basically all those idiotic Democrap policies wont change.
If someone like Murphy, this guy or that radical leftist from JC get into office I'm fine with leaving the state. New York recently put itself into the coffin and will be a flyover state, NJ will feel the effects and will become a flyover state too. Bright side I can go somewhere with a better climate, and give myself a substantial raise in not paying all these taxes.

Old 02-23-2024, 04:57 PM

34,033 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Unfortunately that’s exactly what politicians like him need to maintain power: a large base of poor, dependent voters.
Well there's always going to be more poor people than rich people, lol
So yes, the people that make the laws are always going to be dependent upon the votes of the ones who do not make the laws.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-23-2024, 05:01 PM

19,033 posts, read 13,944,967 times
Which is why the poor and unlanded shouldn’t be allowed to vote. On this, the Founders were spot on.

As I always say.

The only motivation driving the poor vote is to take other people’s money. Charity is given, not taken. No country that allows the poor to vote can last forever.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 02-23-2024, 05:26 PM

And after voting Democrap for years and years, they are still poor....you'd think they wake up by now. If anything Republicans are better for the poor cause they are all about not forcing people to buy plastic bags, get an EV, convert their house to electric heat, etc.. I always have more money to spend when Republicans are in charge.

Old 02-24-2024, 08:03 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,631,840 times
Quote:
And after voting Democrap for years and years, they are still poor....you'd think they wake up by now. If anything Republicans are better for the poor cause they are all about not forcing people to buy plastic bags, get an EV, convert their house to electric heat, etc.. I always have more money to spend when Republicans are in charge.
You were forced to buy an EV and electric heat?

Old 02-24-2024, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
You were forced to buy an EV and electric heat?
NJ folks WILL BE in the near future. I guess you haven't been following the news or Democrap policies.

Old 02-24-2024, 01:41 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,631,840 times
Quote:
NJ folks WILL BE in the near future. I guess you haven't been following the news or Democrap policies.

I’m not aware of any policy that says you’re forced to buy an EV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey