Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,971 times

Advertisements

I think we can all agree that switching trains from Westfield or Cranford in Newark sucks. And you cant do email on a bus. And buses are less reliable than trains.

So why aren't there any decent apartments for rent or purchase at the Linden train station? Especially for people with no kids. There's nothing but what look to be aging dumps there, and not many of those either!

What's wrong with living walking distance to the Linden train station? It is closer than Rahway to the city, and to the cuteness of Westfield and Cranford.

Does it smell or something? I dont get it. I want to live there for ease of commute but not seeing nice stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,847,541 times
They just started building them last year , the area was recently designated a TOD zone...only a handful of towns and cities a TOD zone around their stations or bus stations.... Once the state gives them that designation they can apply for funds to upgrade the roads and other Downtown Infrastructure , then they allow for developers to come in. Elizabeth , Metuchen , Edison , West Windsor , and The Amboys are waiting for a few upgrades , but currently have plans in the works.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:41 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazziecatcat View Post
I think we can all agree that switching trains from Westfield or Cranford in Newark sucks. And you cant do email on a bus. And buses are less reliable than trains.

So why aren't there any decent apartments for rent or purchase at the Linden train station? Especially for people with no kids. There's nothing but what look to be aging dumps there, and not many of those either!

What's wrong with living walking distance to the Linden train station? It is closer than Rahway to the city, and to the cuteness of Westfield and Cranford.

Does it smell or something? I dont get it. I want to live there for ease of commute but not seeing nice stuff.
Huh? There are posters for this development all over Newark Penn Platforms.

The Parkline Condominium

Old 03-30-2013, 02:53 PM

45 posts, read 81,453 times
Well there is the oil refinery.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:35 PM

512 posts, read 1,018,199 times
Isnt Rahway taking up that market right now with tons of apartments and condos built downtown. Hoboken, JC, and soon Harrison are filling that void as well. There are lots of places in North Jersey in which to live a TOD lifestyle. I thinks that is part of the reason why Linden isnt that great. Time will tell.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:03 PM

256 posts, read 572,902 times
There isn't much to do there, the name is stigmatized, the town is associated with the cogeneration plant and Elizabeth...though if the prices on those condos are really $175,000 to $215,000 I think it's fair trade off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey