Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 01:36 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times

Advertisements

What happened to Beautiful Scenic Elizabeth? The NJ Transit Conductor keeps announcing that, he must be stuck in the 60s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2019, 05:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,183 times
Default Looking for an address- North Plainfield Dodge

Hello,

I’m new to this forum. Does anyone remember a dealership out on 22 called North Plainfield Dodge? I’m hoping to find an address for that business when it was there in 1970. It later became Autoworld. I have an old car that was sold at that dealership. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Old 08-21-2021, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 855 times
Default German Bakery

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulJSchneider View Post
Gruening’s had the best ice cream! I used to get chocolate mint with marshmallow sauce. There was an excellent German bakery (anybody remember its name), which made crumb cake! My mother liked Texas Weiners, even though they weren’t kosher, which was owned by a guy who won the lottery.
Every Sunday nite, we ate “chinks” (sorry, not pc), at Lichee’s, which had the best egg rolls and spare ribs (again not kosher).
We sometimes shopped at the Surprise Shop; Teppers was a fine shop. And I ate lunch every week with my dad at the Sleepy Hollow Luncheonette on East Front Street. On Easter/Passover my Nan bought me a baby chick from Woolworth’s, where there was a fountain (counter), and pictures of a grilled cheese sandwich. There was fish dinners from Snuffy’s in Fanwood (I think); and a great pizza
from Manville. We often went to Updyke’s for the cheeseburger and onion rings. (I guess we spent a lot of time eating in the 60’s).
I preferred the Strand movie theatre over the Oxford.
My dad had a sign shop, called Schneider Signs. I loved going to his shop!
Oh, those memories of halcyon days!
Paul J.Schneider. PHS class of ‘69
The bakery you mentioned may have been Stires Bakery on Park Ave. owned by my late grandfather. wish I could find pictures of his shop which he sold in 1971.

Old 11-04-2021, 12:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,409 times
Posted a long time ago. will ask the question again. Born and raised on Central Ave, across from Cedarbrook School. My Great grandfather and Grandfather owned Blairs Men Shop on Front Street. Looking for old photos someone might have of the store or general photos of that area before the fall. Thanks E Havens

Old 03-01-2024, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 225 times
Lived on Maplewood Terrace in the 70’s anyone remember the Sabrett hot dog truck on woodland ave parked across from the golf course ? Or sledding down the hills on the golf course when it snowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey