Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 03:22 AM

223 posts, read 281,219 times

Advertisements

i have been a animal activist for 21 yrs.i have participated in many protests & been arrested for disorderly conduct a few times.its all for the mistreatment/cruelty of animals.It was well worth it.WE are the voice for the animals.this summer ill be in LA,ca protesting fur with peta.it takes 60 cats to make a long fur coat.jennifer lopez,beyonce & cindy crawford sell fur in their clothes line.madonna,paris hilton,britany spears,nicole richie,ashley olsen,eva longoria & star jones wear real fur & have had coats specially made for them.the animals are literally skinned alive in china & korea.the chinese & koreans look at cats & dogs as vermine.they even boil the cats alive.its just horrid.checkout these websites. http://messybeast.com/eat-cats.htm http://furkills.org http://jlodown.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2007, 11:17 AM

13,927 posts, read 39,297,259 times
man has been wearing furs since time began..So what do you think of China eating dogs & cats and america bring in toys made from thier fur?

Old 06-16-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
man has been wearing furs since time began..So what do you think of China eating dogs & cats and america bring in toys made from thier fur?
i try not to think of the asians eating cats & dogs.the chinese lie about the toys & say its not real fur when it actually is.the us govt wont do anything cause animal abuse is not a priority to them.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:01 PM

1,608 posts, read 9,746,228 times
Two thumbs up for you james...way up! I"ve been a an ethical vegetarian for 12 yeras now and applaud your efforts.

While man may have at one time needed fur to keep warm, we have evolved and there simply is no reason for it today. There are so many other wonderful fabrics out there that will do the job and keep someone just as stylish and warm. In my opinion only extremely selfish people wear fur.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:18 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,433,883 times
Default I am sick to my stomach, and I'm not kidding....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james203 View Post
i have been a animal activist for 21 yrs.i have participated in many protests & been arrested for disorderly conduct a few times.its all for the mistreatment/cruelty of animals.It was well worth it.WE are the voice for the animals.this summer ill be in LA,ca protesting fur with peta.it takes 60 cats to make a long fur coat.jennifer lopez,beyonce & cindy crawford sell fur in their clothes line.madonna,paris hilton,britany spears,nicole richie,ashley olsen,eva longoria & star jones wear real fur & have had coats specially made for them.the animals are literally skinned alive in china & korea.the chinese & koreans look at cats & dogs as vermine.they even boil the cats alive.its just horrid.checkout these websites. CATS - FRIEND OR FOOD FurKills.org JLoDown.com >> J. Lo is Low Down: Animals are Skinned Alive for Their Fur
james...I am sitting here...shocked, balling my eyes out.....I really truly am.

I just watched the clip of the racoon or dog, skinned alive, and after being skinned, still lifting up it's head, looking into the camera like if asking :"WHY?"
I never, ever wear fur for a number of reasons. Not my type, not my style....and I rather leave that up to the people who have to have it "all hang out".
I am guilty of wearing leather, and I am a butcher/ meatcutter.
But, that is no where NEAR THIS!!! That IS hell on earth, to say the least.
Why do us humans play the almighty god all the time, deciding on WHAT and WHO should die, and HOW and WHEN and for WHAT ?
(Yeah...for WHAT, I would like to know too???( )
Why don't we start wearing human skin.....skinning people alive?
That would cause an uproar and an outburst....Why? Because WE are so superior???? PLEASSSSSSEEEEE!
JLo and what ever can go to hell....I would NEVER, EVER buy a product from them......they can go and keep the fur, and choke on it.
Hopefully people will boycott, and I sure hope, the time will come in the very near future.
I hope for the best......

Old 06-17-2007, 09:25 PM

the more i read and hear about how the chinese,koreans and a few other asians treat the cats and dogs,the more i dislike them.its sooo damn cruel what they do.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:06 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,261 times
I have received letters, depicting how dogs & cats are killed in order for the meat to be tender, juicy (this is in Korea) and tasty, they believe in a slow, tortureous death. The pictures I have seen haunt me at night, they're the last thing I think about before I fall asleep. I have written numerous letters and boycott everything from Korea. And I would never wear fur, I've heard that even faux fur is real, if it's from China or Korea. Sick...sick...sick !

Old 06-17-2007, 10:06 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times
I am not, in any way, bashing your efforts. However, I find articles, such as this one: Better dead than fed, PETA says to be interesting. I really don't care for an explanation or a defense of PETA. We all have causes that we hold near and dear to us.

Old 06-18-2007, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
I am not, in any way, bashing your efforts. However, I find articles, such as this one: Better dead than fed, PETA says to be interesting. I really don't care for an explanation or a defense of PETA. We all have causes that we hold near and dear to us.
the more i hear about peta & their selfishness lying the more i dont plan to protest with them.checkout this site.the 2 losers were found NOT guilty of killing the dogs & cats for peta yet peta paid for their defense. ( over 70,000.00 ).what a foul,coward judge.http://petakillsanimals.com

Old 06-18-2007, 10:10 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Do they seriously make fur coats out of cats ? Im vary wary of PETA and their propoganda they pour out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Nature