Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 09:58 AM

75 posts, read 91,417 times

Advertisements

Beech View was bought by Core Spaces out of Chicago for $36,615,000.

The Greeks have been looking to move out of the space, but are bound by the lease. Previous ownership had a wonky token system for guest parking, which I'm sure Core will do away with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 03:44 PM

98 posts, read 113,705 times
36m ? Thanks . My number was way off . That seems high .

Old 08-11-2016, 10:09 PM

124 posts, read 151,883 times
Nothing has been successful there. According to some of the local landlords the building was less than 40% occupied since it opened. One of the guys that ran the pizza shop that closed said businesses were moving out because the building foundation was slipping toward the river.

Old 08-16-2016, 06:27 AM

492 posts, read 614,098 times
Beechview was a developers nightmare

Old 08-16-2016, 08:24 PM

191 posts, read 307,105 times
The Greeks is awesome. never tried anything else in that monstrosity of a building

Old 08-17-2016, 07:54 AM

334 posts, read 497,535 times
I tried Frank Anthony's last summer and I thought it was very decent (dough tasted fresh not processed) but with little to no pedestrian traffic on Beechurst that and CoGo's were dead man walking.

the Greeks on the other hand. I hope they stay open forever. Good stuff.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:50 AM

193 posts, read 282,683 times
Agreed about the Greeks. Their grub is really good. Could you imagine if that place was located in a favorable location in Morgantown the Business it would do. I fear that the BandDz up in Sunnyside will be in the same situation as the Greeks. Sure, they will have a lot of traffic from the student housing but there will not be many other people eating there due to the location and parking situation. They better be prepared to make their money from late August to the first week of May because over the summer that area is like a wasteland. I've not seen more than a handful of people at that Sunnyside Sheetz all summer long.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:56 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,093,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchunk View Post
Agreed about the Greeks. Their grub is really good. Could you imagine if that place was located in a favorable location in Morgantown the Business it would do. I fear that the BandDz up in Sunnyside will be in the same situation as the Greeks. Sure, they will have a lot of traffic from the student housing but there will not be many other people eating there due to the location and parking situation. They better be prepared to make their money from late August to the first week of May because over the summer that area is like a wasteland. I've not seen more than a handful of people at that Sunnyside Sheetz all summer long.
That's the difference between having 30,000 students in town and 10,000 students in town.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:04 PM

334 posts, read 497,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchunk View Post
I think Insomnia/Papa Allen's closed all summer due to that.

Having pro performance helps there now but it's literally all tumbleweeds between May-August.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:27 PM

1,000 posts, read 2,358,738 times
Morgantown has one big demographic issue with downtown itself...no housing for the after college young professionals. It's well overdue for a bit of a shift...lots of us hanging about, and Lord knows I would have been all for buy into a condo/town home in downtown proper instead of a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown