Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 09:12 PM

98 posts, read 113,371 times

Advertisements

Fairmont will get its first Sheetz on Fairmont Ave between Long John Silvers and McDonald's ( same side ) .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 09:49 PM

I avoid Mt Morris gas because the price is too high and the BFS has odor issues . The truck stop is too hard navigate to get gas . However I do agree the Mt Morris exit is underdeveloped . The ill advised
" condos or apts " on the Mileground are currently being re located to Mt. Morris .

Old 08-09-2016, 08:15 AM

120 posts, read 151,594 times
Morgantown's new motto: The city of gas from taking too many Sheetz

Old 08-09-2016, 09:36 AM

491 posts, read 610,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron from Morgantown View Post
I avoid Mt Morris gas because the price is too high and the BFS has odor issues . The truck stop is too hard navigate to get gas . However I do agree the Mt Morris exit is underdeveloped . The ill advised
" condos or apts " on the Mileground are currently being re located to Mt. Morris .
Is it those dilapidated units near the old Sunoco?

Old 08-09-2016, 10:30 AM

Yes

Old 08-09-2016, 03:37 PM

273 posts, read 382,368 times
Quote:
Both stations are operated by BFS. (So was the third when there was a full service station.) They have no reason to do any better because people will stop unknowingly from the interstate. Of course, I generally don't think BFS is all that good at managing these things.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:58 PM

193 posts, read 281,942 times
Both Mt Morris BFS locations are trashy dumps. If there are 2 things you can count on is that the location west of i79 will smell like raw sewage inside and the other is that neither location will have receipt tape at their gas pumps. Although I'd prefer a GetGo I'd welcome a Sheetz there just to put the west location out of business. The east location at least does better business due to the truck stop. I would think even a Pilot like the one in Flatwoods would compete well there.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:48 PM

A hotel / gas / Waffle House all on one site would make someone millions .

Old 08-09-2016, 11:43 PM

891 posts, read 1,054,153 times
Quote:
A hotel / gas / Waffle House all on one site would make someone millions .
No doubt about it, especially a Truck stop like a TA Travel center to compete with the Pilot at the Goshen Exit.....

Old 08-10-2016, 02:43 PM

870 posts, read 1,570,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt .45 View Post
Yea I complain alot about Morgantown, but man I absolutely hated livin in Pt.Marion when I first moved here in 2011 the 1st time, Morgantown is at least bearable.....PM has a Subway, Family Dollar and a Foodland (which closes way too early and is a downright dump!)....Apple Annie's is the only good thing about that town.....And even thats in Morgantown now! lol.....

An ex of mine lived in Point Marion and it ranks up there of one of the trashiest, dumpiest places I've even been to. You instantly feel like you traveled back in time while there and some of the natives are quite rude for such a small town. It has a similar feel like Salem in Harrison County, but at least there's a small college and the natives are nicer.

Supposedly Point Marion was once an okay place but declined steadily over the years to the point of no return. But with that said, they still deserve some kind of gas station.

Last edited by tallydude02; 08-10-2016 at 02:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown