Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2023, 07:15 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times

Advertisements

I'm still here just much more busier but I still check in once a week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2023, 08:24 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,246,186 times
Milwaukee City, good to see you!!

Old 02-27-2023, 07:57 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,887,413 times
Lot's of rain today, but all is good

Old 02-27-2023, 08:33 AM

brrabbit, and hopefully it will melt the rain (as long as these temps stay above 32!)

Did you notice, no one had contributed to, nor started a new thread for about 6 days.

Not much going on around here (except the rain, I guess!)

Old 02-28-2023, 03:54 PM

3,368 posts, read 2,887,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
brrabbit, and hopefully it will melt the rain (as long as these temps stay above 32!)

Did you notice, no one had contributed to, nor started a new thread for about 6 days.

Not much going on around here (except the rain, I guess!)

There are things going on every day. If nothing else, then there's a shooting or two. But it's probably not newsworthy.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:12 AM

brrabbit, Waukesha County has been REALLY busy this week! I imagine what Milwaukee has going on!

Old 03-01-2023, 05:59 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
Guys I am going to open up a bit, I recently went through a very bad family tragedy and over the course of the last well almost 3 years now, I come to realize what's truly important. Over the last 3 years we have been so busy with the courts, settling estate(s) and dealing with family issues that I literally had no time for sports, politics or news. It's now starting to settle down but I want to tell you about the positives. Having watched 0 news, 0 politics and 0 TV, very little social media, I can tell you that I am a much much happier and grateful person.

Call it head in the sand or ignorance is bliss, I am here to tell you that it's real. You stop seeing people for the way they vote or where they are from or what their general beliefs are about issues and you start seeing people as people again not red or blue voters. I am not telling you not to watch the news or root for your favorite political team but I am saying cutting the news off and I mean completely off is a great thing, and this is coming from a complete news junkie for my whole life. You are better off. Same goes for politics.

Also in terms of politics if you are not actively working for a political group or donating your time, all your doing is screaming from the sidelines and you are not changing anything let alone someone's mind so why bother? maybe it's your hobby but there are better hobbies than hating your neighbor and that's all it's become. Bird watching, skiing, hiking, traveling, photography any of these is better than being so consumed with politics that you work yourself up and end up cutting out half your family and friends. Look at us now, we hate certain towns whole cities and states because of voting patterns. I see people on here who will trash a certain part of town just because the town may vote one way or another. Don't get me wrong I am just as guilty and anyone who has done this but giving up TV, news and politics has been one of the best decisions of my life.

Value what's really important, and that's different for everyone but maybe cutting the cord is what you really need, to get plugged into who you really are.

Signing out, -MKE CITY.

Now go read a book!

Old 03-01-2023, 06:50 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Interesting post. I don't think giving up on news is a good thing, but I think things were better when we got it with a daily, and a 30 min broadcast at night. We have become much safer as a society since the 80s and 90s, but with the non stop 24/7 bombardment of every incident, people seem to be more fearful.

Politics, well, yes, it's become too divisive. But to me politics are all about values, and how we want to see our society operate; its also about who lives and who dies, literally, at times. I can only give up politics when I stop caring about people, or the environment, civil rights, education or health care. But yeah, it's too much. And yes, read more! And get off most social media, cosign on that.

Old 03-01-2023, 08:10 PM

Milwaukee City, we are here for you!

Old 03-02-2023, 07:30 AM

117 posts, read 84,306 times
I noticed somthing interesting about my 9 year old. So she goes to Engleberg elementary in Milwaukee & i noticed she just started developing like a ghetto accent where she's almost staring to sound southern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee