Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 02:16 PM

16,431 posts, read 8,242,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
What I read is that was taken out of context and the entirety of what she said was left out by prosecution. It was more she was questioning (maybe because she knew she had some drinks and had uncertainty)...she was saying did I hit him, could I have hit him? From what I understand she has never come out and said "I hit him."
that was my take as well. It's possible that she was so drunk she doesn't remember the night clearly and then had a fear that she hit him...doesn't mean she did indeed hit him.

Her broken tail light suggests she hit him though right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 02:17 PM

3,632 posts, read 1,862,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I do think she hit him (she said she did). I really don't know if she did it on purpose.

I absolutely think TB created reasonable doubt.
What's even more bizarre is at the most recent court hearing this week, the TB girlfriend/sidechick that got the order and charges on him showed up to the hearing with the Mcabes and apparently they never even knew each other until this case/charges happened but now that side is using her to try to get him charged I guess with violating the restraining order so had her show up there? They showed on the WCVB stream of the hearing that TB had to get up and leave court b/c this sidechick showed up with the restraining order papers.

Old 02-27-2024, 02:23 PM

3,632 posts, read 1,862,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Ok so they didn't find any dog DNA. What about all the other injuries that are inconsistent with being hit by a car? A major piece of evidence is that at 2:27a, the host of the party googled, “how long to die in cold.” Why would she have done that?

Trooper Proctor was the lead investigator for the Norfolk DA's office and a close family friend of the Alberts. He controlled the narrative from the beginning in order to protect friends, left important information out, and intentionally misspelled witness names in his report to sow confusion. the DA's office stalled for a year in handing over Jennifer McCabe's cell phone data, which according to the defense's cell phone expert contains evidence that she knew what happened and was the point person on the subsequent cover up and framing of Karen Read.
That's the other strange part of the story along with the fact the house (where the party was hosted) was never searched. The more I read about all these inconsistencies and deficiencies with the investigation makes me think if I was on the jury...I'd have some serious reasonable doubt that she did it.

Old 02-27-2024, 02:30 PM

It is odd as well that they gave away the dog shortly after this happened as well.

So many oddities. Karen Read must really be wishing she stayed home that night.

Old 02-28-2024, 05:45 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,199,560 times
Quote:
Yes, initially i thought that's what happened. However...I still don't know how she could have hit him hard enough to kill him at the speed she was going. I don't even know how she could have hit so hard that he was knocked unconscious and died from being out in the snow, etc. His injuries don't match up with being hit by a car either...so this is why there's been so much skepticism.
I am skeptical that she killed her boyfriend:too many strange local police related inconsistencies and “co-incidences” which could be explained one by one, perhaps, but not when taken in its entirety

Old 03-15-2024, 08:45 AM

3,222 posts, read 2,128,917 times
https://www.boston.com/news/local-ne...p_featurestack
State Police investigating detective in Karen Read murder case

Looks like there were direct links to the homeowners and the investigating State Trooper. Text messages found from FBI investigation reveals one of the family members telling the trooper "I owe you a gift" the day Karen Read was arrested. This is amongst other FBI independent findings that the body's injury's were not conclusive of being hit by a car, and the cars damage was not conclusive to hitting a person.
It really is a marvelous thing watching her attorneys make these people look like fools.
It's also pretty spectacular how brazen, crooked, and cocky everyone covering this up has been. I hope they all fry. But Massachusetts seems to have a hard on for letting the MSP keep their tax funded mafia untouchable.

Old 03-15-2024, 08:58 AM

It's pretty disgusting if one of these cops truly did BEAT another cop to death and have gone to these lengths to cover it up and blame someone else. It didn't seem unbelievable to me that she perhaps did hit him while drunk...but it just isn't adding up.

Last edited by msRB311; 03-15-2024 at 09:32 AM..

Old 03-15-2024, 09:02 AM

3,222 posts, read 2,128,917 times
Quote:
It's pretty disgusting if one of these cops truly did BEAT another cop and have gone to these lengths to cover it up and blame someone else. It didn't seem unbelievable to me that she perhaps did hit him while drunk...but it just isn't adding up.
Well what you do know for sure at this point is that the trooper did have close ties with the family despite lying under oath. And the body was not hit by the car. never underestimate how untouchable these people think they are.

https://www.plainsite.org/dockets/do...577&z=38099073

Old 03-15-2024, 09:39 AM

I thought they found evidence recently that she did hit him or something...it's been a lot to follow.

I also find it strange that one of the cop wives googled, how long to die in the snow. They're saying there's no dog DNA but also very odd that they got rid of the dog shortly after this happened.

When this story first came out it seemed weird...i just knew there was no way she could have hit him that hard that he'd die from that. I mean Boston cops can be tough guys, they typically aren't faint of heart people who would succumb to that. I thought maybe he had some other type of medical issue that happened at the time but he did not die from being hit by a car that couldn't have been going that fast or die from being in the cold.

I didn't realize it would become this twisted but I knew there was more to the story.

Old 03-15-2024, 10:14 AM

12,477 posts, read 9,570,120 times
If the State Police really were trying to frame Karen Read, then I do hope the case falls apart, and anyone who is involved in e.g. perjury is prosecuted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts