Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 09:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,026 times

Advertisements

I hope you could help. I'll be moving to Jeffersonville IN from out of state and will be working at 10th Street. Due to time constrains, I might have to quickly find a rental room for now. Could you let me know good and safe places to live. Also, what type of activities are there to do? I'm in my 20s.
I greatly appreciate any replies, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 07:13 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,464,896 times
Best areas are along and outside of Allison Ln / Holman Ln Veterans Pky and near downtown south of Court Ave. There isn't a high concentration of violent crime but some areas are run down and gritty. Worst area is around I-65 and the hospital extending down 10th St to the census bureau. Clarksville also has a lot of apartment options and is generally safe.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:58 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robloxen View Post
I hope you could help. I'll be moving to Jeffersonville IN from out of state and will be working at 10th Street. Due to time constrains, I might have to quickly find a rental room for now. Could you let me know good and safe places to live. Also, what type of activities are there to do? I'm in my 20s.
Most things to do are in Louisville in terms of amenities, entertainment, shops, restaurants of the more independent variety. If you are in your 20s investigate neighborhoods like the Highlands, Clifton, Crescent Hill, Cherokee Park east to St. Matthews.
There are lots of chain stores and plenty of shopping in Jeffersonville, Clarksville, and New Albany- no shortage of that. There are lots of blighted areas, some redevelopment in Jeff and New Albany- big changes over the last 5-10 years. Areas on the outskirts have "newer" apartments and less blight. Most areas are safe overall, just plenty of rundown housing stock and a general lack of city infrastructure like sidewalks, lighting, etc, but improvements are being made in that regard "incrementally."

Old 03-11-2019, 01:48 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,735,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robloxen View Post
Will you be working on 10th st downtown? If so, they are building lots of new apartments in downtown Jeffersonville which may be an option for a young professional. The crime is slightly "higher" than east of Allison Ln but it isn't high by any means anywhere in Jeff.

Old 09-04-2020, 11:03 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
What about near Kopp Avenue? I'm not about to drive over there to scope out the area/neighborhood...especially THIS weekend (unrest predicted in downtown Louisville, where one would have to get on the bridge to cross the river from here)... Thanks.

Old 09-09-2020, 05:35 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,735,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
What about near Kopp Avenue? I'm not about to drive over there to scope out the area/neighborhood...especially THIS weekend (unrest predicted in downtown Louisville, where one would have to get on the bridge to cross the river from here)... Thanks.
Downtown Louisville is not dangerous especially before 10 PM. Kopp Ave is not the best area. In general, the neighborhood north and east of Clark hospital is not great. It is pretty similar to Clifton Heights in Louisville. Not like you are going to see murders, but a bit rough around the edges.

The best part of URBAN Jeffersonville is south of 10th st towards the River. Closer to the river, it is basically the Highlands.

Old 09-09-2020, 10:06 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Downtown Louisville is not dangerous especially before 10 PM. Kopp Ave is not the best area. In general, the neighborhood north and east of Clark hospital is not great. It is pretty similar to Clifton Heights in Louisville. Not like you are going to see murders, but a bit rough around the edges.

The best part of URBAN Jeffersonville is south of 10th st towards the River. Closer to the river, it is basically the Highlands.
Jeffersonville south of 10th ST is not comparable at all to the Highlands in Louisville as the housing stock is not as nice overall and the tree canopy is much worse compared to the Highlands. Jeffersonville needs to replace thousands of trees, and the 10th street road project completion is an utter joke with zero landscaping. I'm glad I left and moved to rural Floyd County, much much nicer here.

Old 09-10-2020, 08:54 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,464,896 times
Only urban area on IN that is at a Highlands level is Main St corridor of New Albany west of Vincennes St. Other areas are more similar to Germantown with a mix of gentrification and working class residents. Mainly new Albany between Vincennes St and Silver Creek and east along Jeffersonville riverfront. Old Clarksville could move that direction in near future.

Old 09-11-2020, 01:58 AM

4,598 posts, read 6,352,889 times
"Jeffersonville south of 10th ST is not comparable at all to the Highlands in Louisville"....I'll second that....I lived there for a few years, and there are no homes there that resemble the Highlands, nor was there the vibe...it was a nice place, but The Highlands it was not.

Regards
Gemstone1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area