Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 09:22 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,568,290 times

Advertisements

Have to do it, so here goes. Going to ruffle a lot of feathers but I think the top in Tesla is very close and we are going to see massive downside action in TSLA over the next 12 months. Think we can see +/- $550 on TSLA in the very short-term and then an epic downside move over the course of the next year. I think we will see a downside target of $150-$200 by December 2021.

I will go one step further and say by December 2021 we will see similar parallels surface between Tesla and Enron.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 09:32 PM

1,740 posts, read 1,271,020 times
Hahaha!

You will likely see $6-8 earnings per share next year.

With 50% YoY growth, unlikely to see below a 100 P/E multiple anytime soon. You do the math.

If course there could definitely be a big correction post inclusion, but not that low.

As for fraud claims, it would be useful if you could provide proof.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:38 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,525,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Have to do it, so here goes. Going to ruffle a lot of feathers but I think the top in Tesla is very close and we are going to see massive downside action in TSLA over the next 12 months. Think we can see +/- $550 on TSLA in the very short-term and then an epic downside move over the course of the next year. I think we will see a downside target of $150-$200 by December 2021.

I will go one step further and say by December 2021 we will see similar parallels surface between Tesla and Enron.
so you're saying tesla is going bankrupt?

Old 11-18-2020, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post
Hahaha!

With 50% YoY growth, unlikely to see below a 100 P/E multiple anytime soon. You do the math.

If course there could definitely be a big correction post inclusion, but not that low.

This is the response I would expect with TSLA. As for the Enron parallel, you said fraud not me. I just think there will be a lot of similarities between the two when this story fully plays out.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:42 PM

805 posts, read 1,085,527 times
And you are saying this based on...? There's really no substantive reasons in your post. Is this just a gut feeling or are you basing it on trends, evidence, etc.? I am curious to hear, however, but just throwing out blanket predictions does require a bit of explanation!

Old 11-18-2020, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
so you're saying tesla is going bankrupt?

Not bankrupt within this time frame but a massive sheering.

Old 11-18-2020, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
And you are saying this based on...? There's really no substantive reasons in your post. Is this just a gut feeling or are you basing it on trends, evidence, etc.? I am curious to hear, however, but just throwing out blanket predictions does require a bit of explanation!

Lots of experience with boom/bust cycles and have seen lots of bubbles in the past. All the classic signs here. Visionary leader who is the smartest guy in the room, aggressive fandom against any shorts, etc. TSLA is going to break a lot of hearts. S&P inclusion reminds me a lot of the Yahoo story in '99 as well.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:15 PM

1,740 posts, read 1,271,020 times
Quote:
This is the response I would expect with TSLA. As for the Enron parallel, you said fraud not me. I just think there will be a lot of similarities between the two when this story fully plays out.
The response you expected, you mean providing numbers?

Old 11-18-2020, 10:18 PM

24,409 posts, read 26,986,736 times
Quote:

BLASPHEMY! GET THIS GUY OUT OF HERE RIGHT MEOW!

lol, jk... I honestly have no idea where it will be in December 2021 nor pretend to... However, I do think TSLA has a much higher probability of upside short-term until all the funds who want or need to add TSLA have done so.

Now on a personal level, I think Tesla will be around forever or at least my lifetime. Their technology, cars, purchase structure, service structure are excellent in my opinion and will likely get better as they are still a new company when it comes to selling high volume. I've noticed huge improvements myself since I own one. I think the trend of states and countries mandating new car sales be electric will happen more and more over my lifetime.

One thing to note on valuations. Current P/E mean nothing. Growth is what matters. A company growing exponentially can have a P/E in the clouds, still go up a huge amount and become a rather fairly valued company because eventually that growth can turn into good earnings, margins, etc. Likewise, a company like GE had the best valuation and then it drops 80% (just using it as an example) and then the P/E goes through the roof... but why, it just dropped 80%, why now is the P/E so high. That happens time and time again.

But yeah, I will interested to see where it is December 2021. I think the biggest factor will be how our economy is doing.

Old 11-18-2020, 10:23 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,758,434 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeApelido View Post
Hahaha!

Had a great belly laugh. Can't wait to see this unfold. I'll pay for the popcorn.

By the way, the $35k Tesla is no more. As expected. And Tesla S limping along with no major redesign expected after 10 years.

Last edited by Vic Romano; 11-18-2020 at 10:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing