Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2018, 06:40 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,796,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
LOL//all the cash holders are pumped up right now with the calamity calls. Settle down. This could go either way. Without a DOUBT the market will be jittery as hell from this point but circuit breaker level? Maybe but i doubt it.
Don't count on it, markets are taking it in stride now with only a 350pt drop but between now and market open tomorrow we have many hours by which our commander in chief can make another ridiculous tweet that sets off a firestorm...who the hell knows. Unfortunately Twitter news is dispatched instantly and nobody can stop him.

Tommorow, early morning anger tweet: "everyone here is against me, tarrifs increase from 25% to 35%"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2018, 06:57 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,170,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Don't count on it, markets are taking it in stride now with only a 350pt drop but between now and market open tomorrow we have many hours by which our commander in chief can make another ridiculous tweet that sets off a firestorm...who the hell knows. Unfortunately Twitter news is dispatched instantly and nobody can stop him.

Tommorow, early morning anger tweet: "everyone here is against me, tarrifs increase from 25% to 35%"
LOL...who knows.

The one thing to consider though is Trump is very cognizant of the stock market. He may try to do a little more damage control but hell yea who knows.

Old 03-10-2018, 02:47 PM

loving this video, the guy does some analysis and offers a few different scenarios based on logical calculations instead of just throwing darts into the air like many other analysts do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_ZfuMb6K3Y

Old 04-02-2018, 06:14 PM

1,553 posts, read 925,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Market Junkie View Post
This is a political comment...

Only a matter of time till these reckless, incompetent republicans completely ****-up this economy.

We'll likely be in recession when President bone spurs is booted from the White House in 2021...

Old 04-02-2018, 10:04 PM

6,633 posts, read 4,312,699 times
Quote:

There's more going on with this market drop than Trump, although he's part of it. Keep in mind this is the second longest bull market in history. Interest rates will likely be raised 3 more times this year. So, it is a risky time in the market; Trump is only part of the problem.

Old 04-03-2018, 12:40 AM

If I were to take a random guess as to where I think is the bottom I would say 18,000 for the Dow which is the level just before the election. A lot of traders have a similar guess as there was a long sideways movement before that which provides for strong support in that area. That would represent a 32+% correction from peak which would be the expectation of a 9 year bull market consolidation. I hope this happens sooner than later, I will keep up my contributions and DCA on the downcycle as well as the upcycle from there.

The thing that would suck is if it just goes sideways from here for the next 2-3 years just vacillating round the current point going nowhere.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:29 AM

6,633 posts, read 4,312,699 times
Quote:
If I were to take a random guess as to where I think is the bottom I would say 18,000 for the Dow which is the level just before the election. A lot of traders have a similar guess as there was a long sideways movement before that which provides for strong support in that area. That would represent a 32+% correction from peak which would be the expectation of a 9 year bull market consolidation. I hope this happens sooner than later, I will keep up my contributions and DCA on the downcycle as well as the upcycle from there.

The thing that would suck is if it just goes sideways from here for the next 2-3 years just vacillating round the current point going nowhere.
I seriously doubt it goes straight down. Most bear markets don't (not saying we're in one).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Investing