Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2021, 10:18 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,065,244 times

Advertisements

Good morning MJ,
It's been made a political and social issue by none other than politicians...lol
But for someone you really don't know, asking this is akin to asking what someone's sexual preferences are; it's personal and inappropriate. A restaurant is not a High school, where peer pressure abounds.

However, being the difficult times we are in; I suppose some grace is in order.
What I'm seeing now is, employees(and even 1 owner)having the attitude of; we(the customers)should be grateful just b/c they are still open. Worker shortages create the attitude of, oh well...I can get a job anywhere now.
Hope it didn't ruin your visit.
Have a great day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2021, 10:58 AM

335 posts, read 422,849 times
It's only personal because you're making vaccination a political point.

Ask me if I'm vaccinated for smallpox, measles, mumps, anthrax, flu, and I'll happily tell you.

When you make it about something other than a commonsense precaution is when it gets personal.

Old 10-23-2021, 03:52 PM
wjj

950 posts, read 1,366,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Sunbiz1, good morning.

It's a waiter that I've seen over the last several years, 1 or 2 times a year I try to go to that restaurant. He has seen my kids grow up. He's met past girlfriends. We've always been very cool.

I, myself, was surprised, because I was obviously embarrassed. And also, I thought: what are the customers going to think? What is management going to think?

Who cares what they think? Stand up for yourself. That does not sound like you based on your many posts here. You don't back down.

I just quickly left the establishment without saying anything. Out of respect to the waiter and the restaurant, I don't want to say names.... I'll just say that it's very close to Millennium Park.

Why did you just leave? All that does is encourage this nonsense. If you don't stand up, the mob wins!

My point is that it is very evident the level of passion that many people are feeling (perhaps difficulty controlling their emotions), regarding this vaccine topic.

Again, if you succumb to the mob, you are lost.

And BTW, I have been vaxed for 7 months now. But I know many people who are not vaxed and I have zero issues with any of them. Some who I see several times a week. Personal responsibility for one's own well being is all that matters. I did what I believed was best for me, and they are doing what they think is best for them. That's all that matters. And if a waiter asked me a question like that, I would tell them it is none of their business.

Old 10-23-2021, 04:16 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,272,825 times
wjj, I appreciate your input.

I think you summed it up very nicely and respectfully! Well done.

With regard to me backing away, I understand your position. For me, in these cases, and especially with the waiter whom I've known there for years, one has to pick and choose your battles on life.

My father told me last week he went to a George Webb, which is a chain up here that you don't have, but it is essentially an old school diner. And a customers went OFF on my father for WEARING a mask upon entering.... Believe me, if I was there, the OTHER side of MASTER Jay would have shown itself!

Old 10-24-2021, 05:41 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,923,903 times
sadly, there is no more "normal" discussions anymore; everything goes from zero to 100 INSTANTLY..

I guess the "great uniter," senile grandpa Joe, pretty much sux at bringing people together, and has only made the differences between our opinions a battle cry now, instead of a learning opportunity..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois