Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2007, 10:35 AM

19 posts, read 92,501 times

Advertisements

Not the politically left type of liberal, that we are not.

We are moving to I.F. and I've gotten advice that I should ask our real estate agent for a more liberal part of town. Anyone heard of this? Is this the case in Idaho Falls or are the communities and neighborhoods fairly mixed?

We are active Christians, we are not LDS. I don't want to be shunned and I don't want my kids to be shunned.

If there are liberal schools and communities, I'd like to find them sooner than later.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 11:07 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,265,652 times
Idaho Falls tends to be getting more and more of a blend of LDS and non-LDS. I would lean more towards the school districts if you've children and then I'd point you out to the eastern part of the city limits, actually not even in the city limits, rather in Bonneville County and then you want the SE not NE. Hilcrest High, Sandcreek Middle school are the directions you'd want to be going.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:13 PM

121 posts, read 737,946 times
Your kids will probably be accepted if they just look like they might be LDS (clean cut, don't drink, etc.) My daughter went through Idaho Falls area schools just fine with no problem and had lots of LDS friends. It's really not as bad as some make it out to be. It was definitely that way 10 or 20 years ago but not anymore.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeDelSol View Post
Your kids will probably be accepted if they just look like they might be LDS (clean cut, don't drink, etc.) My daughter went through Idaho Falls area schools just fine with no problem and had lots of LDS friends. It's really not as bad as some make it out to be. It was definitely that way 10 or 20 years ago but not anymore.
LOL! My kids are 6, 3 and 1 1/2. They don't even drink soda....yet.

: )

Old 03-30-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
Idaho Falls tends to be getting more and more of a blend of LDS and non-LDS. I would lean more towards the school districts if you've children and then I'd point you out to the eastern part of the city limits, actually not even in the city limits, rather in Bonneville County and then you want the SE not NE. Hilcrest High, Sandcreek Middle school are the directions you'd want to be going.

Thanks! I've heard that several times. And Ammon is the newest developing area right?

When you say SE, do mean below Lincoln? Below 17th? Sunnyside?Below 49th??? : )

What can you tell me about the elementary schools? Ammon, Sunnyside, Hillview, White Pines even Linden Park or Tiebreaker are ones I'm considering.

I really appreciate your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Idaho Falls
View detailed profiles of: