Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 11:07 AM

50,294 posts, read 47,043,365 times

Advertisements

Love all types of fishing but really fond of the big pond. Nothing like watching a marlin slash a lure and rip off line with big jumps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2022, 07:58 PM

10,309 posts, read 6,842,111 times
"I pulled my Zuker in Cabo."

Old 02-27-2022, 06:03 PM

3,703 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Love all types of fishing but really fond of the big pond. Nothing like watching a marlin slash a lure and rip off line with big jumps.
Nothing is more exciting then having a blue one appear out of nowhere, hot on the teaser beside the boat and then just disappear for a moment and out of nowhere crashes on the pitch bait.

Perhaps the water turning neon as a pack of white ones (or stripes on the left coast ) comes in on all baits as well as the teasers and dredges can be comparable. Especially if after the chaos 5 manage to get hooked.

25 years of that and those images will never go away. Even the first one I saw as a mate way back in 92' is etched in my memory and there have been about three thousand since.

Old 02-28-2022, 03:31 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
I have gone deep sea fishing years ago a few times out of Berkeley and Half Moon Bay, CA. to catch Rock Cod and Ling Cod, plus a few flounders, and Striped Bass in Suisun Bay. Since moving here to the Seattle area I have gone out into Elliot Bay once and caught a Flounder and a Ratfish, but the regulations are so tricky with all of the various zones being different, I stick to fresh water now. I have fished at Beaver Lake, Pine Lake, Lake Chelan, Snoqualmie River, Willapa River, Lake Ki and Mayfield Lake, mostly just trout, some bluegills and Salmon too small to keep. My best freshwater fish were a 4 lb. 19" Largemouth Bass from Del Valle Reservoir in Livermore, CA and a 4 lb. 17" Walleye from some lake in Wyoming. That Bass I caught on an 5' ultralight rod with 2 lb. line, in a canoe, and it was a 20 minute fight. My buddy finally netted it but with the trout net it barely fit halfway in.

Old 04-18-2022, 12:40 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Vintage Cotton Cordell Big O
What does the word Cotton mean since Cordell Big O is written on the lure?
Thanks.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:31 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
It's the name of the lure designer, "Cotton" Cordell.

Old 04-18-2022, 01:45 PM

14,477 posts, read 20,652,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
It's the name of the lure designer, "Cotton" Cordell.
Thanks.
Some on Ebay say cotton and some do not. What is the main design difference, not seeing it on Google?

Old 04-20-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard555 View Post
Thanks.
Some on Ebay say cotton and some do not. What is the main design difference, not seeing it on Google?
I have no idea why some use the first name and others just the last.

Old 05-06-2022, 11:26 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Last weekend, got our three freshwater rods/reels out of our boat, along with our boat gunwale rod holders. The boat had a deck/cockpit cover, plus a full cover on it. It is a 20' 1992 Celebrity 200 w/5.7L I/O V8 engine. It sits on a trailer at a Boat/RV Storage.

A couple of weeks ago, got our Colorado fishing licenses and yesterday bought two jars of Berkley Gulp Trout Bait. Will use that and Canadian Earthworms we will buy at local 7-11.

Two freshwater tackle boxes at home. One we take with us when fishing on local lake and the other stays in our apartment.

When we lived in Colorado before, we had a 16' Invader Bowrider I/O we fished with. Went to Chatfield Reservoir darn near every weekend and would always catch some Rainbows.

Just like when we lived here in Colorado before, we go for Rainbow Trout. Have a descent Fish Finder on the boat. We will do the "catch and release" thing, unless we find someone who wants any we catch.

Now the funny, but, for some, weird thing is: When we left Colorado, we kept all of our freshwater fishing stuff, but once in northeastern Florida aka Jacksonville, we bought new saltwater rods/reels and tackle. For 10 1/2 years there, we never once used the saltwater stuff. Even though we have the same boat we have now, we never once took it out on the ocean to fish and never fished on the St. John's River. Ended up selling the saltwater rods/reels and gave a tackle box full of saltwater tackle to the marine mechanic that worked on our boat there.

IOW, we found out that we are definitely into freshwater fishing NOT saltwater!

Old 07-28-2022, 03:01 PM

14 posts, read 10,414 times
My husband loves fishing and I'm thinking about trying it. I guess it would be a good way to spend time together. How many of you go fishing with your spouses? Do you like it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation