Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 09:15 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,588,243 times

Advertisements

Helena, Arkansas. You can tell it was once a thriving river and railroad town, but now much abandonment and little activity on most of the streets..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2023, 06:27 PM

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Around View Post
Helena, Arkansas. You can tell it was once a thriving river and railroad town, but now much abandonment and little activity on most of the streets..
I believe you mean Helena-West Helena, correct?

Old 08-22-2023, 09:54 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,154,072 times
For anyone roadtripping through America, Rock Springs Wyoming is worth a stop.

If you like high desert it's pretty, and has a unique history. Neither good or bad. But unique.

Old 08-22-2023, 10:54 PM

511 posts, read 400,537 times
I live in Austin, and this city is no longer a weird city unlike a lot of other folks still claim it to be. It has become more of a city catered specifically towards college students and yuppies trying to get into the tech/IT industry for money and job prospects. I'm not even a born-and-raised native Austinite myself, but "Keep Austin Weird" is starting to sound more like an outdated slogan to me. Sometimes I ponder and ask to myself: what's exactly so weird about this city nowadays? It's almost indistinguishable from cities like Nashville, which is another overrated city (I used to like that city).

I'd say Houston got an eerie/weird vibe regardless of however you take it. It's got an unique art car scene where people take their weird-looking cars to an annual parade, there's a burial vault underneath a bridge downtown, no existing zoning law, therefore you see a hodgepodge of buildings all serving completely different purposes on one street, and there is a gritty feel throughout the metro. I'm not surprised Robocop 2 was filmed there.

Old 08-23-2023, 03:22 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Rumford and Farmington Maine. Everything just feels strange and off for those two small cities along highway 2. The mountains cause extreme shadowing for large portions of the year, impacting both places extensively.

Old 09-08-2023, 09:29 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,588,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
I believe you mean Helena-West Helena, correct?
Yeah, I guess the two cities merged sometime in the past decade or two. I was referring to the part that's on the Mississippi River--historically the city of Helena.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.