Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 05:33 AM

2,708 posts, read 2,209,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
The ACC will allow an RV to be parked on a hard surface at your home for up to 7 days, according to their written rules (below).

Chapter 5:
“ The ACC will allow such vehicles to be parked on a hard surface for 7 continuous days (maximum) for loading/unloading, cleaning, repairs, etc. This does not mean such vehicles leave after the maximum time allowed and reappear for another 7-day period every few days."

You asked about sewer: BV would love to have the entire village on sewer (more money for them), but most are on septic. I personally hate the type of sewer system they use (macerator pump into small diameter hose). The entire system relies on pumps. Our previous BV home was on sewer and we had to replace the pump twice within 5 years, and they ain’t cheap. Sewer systems should be relatively maintenance free (for the home owner), but in our experience it was horrible. BV even sent out letters to sewer customers advising them to not use items such as disposable “flushable” wipes, saying it was ruining their pumps. Every sewer customer has a big green half buried barrel next to their house. Waste collects in the barrel and then once full the pump kicks on and pumps waste into the small line that pushes into the main lines. If the power goes out for a few days and your barrel fills up, well you are up the creek without a paddle. Choose a house with a septic system if you can.
Thanks for the info. I have come across several homes (internet) that parking the RV in the driveway would work for a few days? What is the difference between the ACC and POA and what controls what? I have only dealt with HOA's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 07:46 AM

425 posts, read 505,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Thanks for the info. I have come across several homes (internet) that parking the RV in the driveway would work for a few days? What is the difference between the ACC and POA and what controls what? I have only dealt with HOA's.
Here’s a link that will explain the difference.

https://bellavistapoa.com/members/city-poa-acc/

In addition to the 3 entities within that link, we also have Cooper Communities, they control a lot of the common property and mostly oversees the ACC.

Old 08-10-2020, 07:02 PM

My wife has some questions.

1) Are there places to fish at the numerous lakes in and around BV without a boat?

2) Are there dog groomers, hair salons, etc in BV?

3) Are there any card playing groups (not bridge)?

4) Are there any fitness centers or aerobic classes?

Old 08-10-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:

1) Are there places to fish at the numerous lakes in and around BV without a boat?

You can fish along the Dam areas and at a few boat launches at most of the lakes without a boat, otherwise much of the lakes shorelines are private. You can also fish Little Sugar Creek from the banks in many areas (late evenings, after the golfers are finished).

I’ll let others answer your other questions... We do have organized fitness classes, but I’m out of that loop.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:35 PM

33 posts, read 19,923 times
My neighbor wants to add a chain link fence. The city gives her alot of static. Another house in my neighborhood has a chain link, but the rest are wooden. This type of infighting regarding city regs and homeowners is retarded.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocohara View Post
My neighbor wants to add a chain link fence. The city gives her alot of static. Another house in my neighborhood has a chain link, but the rest are wooden. This type of infighting regarding city regs and homeowners is retarded.
This is why our best option would be for the house to have everything the want we would want it. I know we would want a fence for your Yorkie to be safe in.

Here is another question.

How bad are the snakes there? I usually kill one or two copperheads each year where I live now. The last one was a few weeks ago that crawled out from under my motorhome while I was washing it.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:

Yes to all your wife's questions. Lots of pet groomers and hair saloons, lots of card playing, and you can always see people fishing off the banks of off the banks, but not a lot; mush of the land is provately owned. Oh, yes, to aerobic classes but they do fill up pretty quickly. Right now, due to COVID reservations are necessary to keep a social distance. This too will pass.

Old 08-11-2020, 05:12 PM

5 posts, read 4,687 times
Post attic furnace

This thread has certainly taken on a life of its own. Not that it isn't interesting; from fishing to RVs to Bigfoot, with some of the original subject mixed in for good measure

To redirect things, have any of you any experience with attic furnaces? And/or having the ducts in the attic and the vents up high on the walls? Our builder is pushing for that but I'm balking at it. It doesn't make sense to me to have heat entering the room at ceiling height. Strikes me as very inefficient and more expensive to operate. Any wisdom to share?

Old 08-11-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis74 View Post
This thread has certainly taken on a life of its own. Not that it isn't interesting; from fishing to RVs to Bigfoot, with some of the original subject mixed in for good measure

To redirect things, have any of you any experience with attic furnaces? And/or having the ducts in the attic and the vents up high on the walls? Our builder is pushing for that but I'm balking at it. It doesn't make sense to me to have heat entering the room at ceiling height. Strikes me as very inefficient and more expensive to operate. Any wisdom to share?
It would depend on how high your ceilings are. Where I live at now I have a heat pump with the vents are in the ceiling. Being heat rises it would seem counter-productive to have the vents high on the walls if you have vaulted ceilings.

P.S: Sorry about hijacking your thread.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis74 View Post

We’ve enjoyed your thread! Thanks for allowing us to highjack it!

Vents in ceiling... I have some experience. First, hot air rises and cold air sinks. So if you go with ceiling vents, you will have superior cooling in the summertime. However just as you suspected, your system ‘could’ work harder to heat the home during winter. It’s simple physics. That said, I’ve had both systems over the years (overhead vents and in floor). Both systems worked well. I’m not an HVAC expert, but I would think overhead vents would be okay as long as they were not installed in vaulted ceilings. If the vents are too high I think the system would struggle during the cold months. The house I had with ceiling vents was standard 8ft ceilings and I didn’t have any issue. Many (many) homes have overhead ceiling vents.
I would talk to an HVAC guy who doesn’t have a dog in the fight and get some insight relative to your home layout. I know a great Independent HVAC guy who services most of NWA. PM me if you want his contact info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers