Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 08:12 AM

28 posts, read 24,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjovi199 View Post
My husband and I are looking to move from Nebraska to NWA. We are wondering what city or cities would be best for us. We are thinking somewhere around Centerton, Bentonville or Harrison areas. Wanting to spend around $150k. My husband needs to work in a little bigger city (Electrician) but live outside of the bigger city. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Is your husband a union guy?
Residential or commercial? There's a giant factory in Rogers that has huge sign out hiring electritions $25 hour.
The roads around here are not usually backed up except for construction projects. Easy highway acsess will get you out in the semi rural areas quick. If you're working from home internet connection might be an issue.
One town I really like in NWA is Siloam Springs.
Really sweet neighborhoods and a thriving downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2020, 11:01 AM

10 posts, read 21,986 times
No, not union. He does commercial. I hope the internet connection isn't too much of an issue. Thank you for bringing that up.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:02 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
Springdale is a high crime area?
Yes, much of it is or should we say high crime as we know it here in NWA.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemontian View Post
Is your husband a union guy?
Residential or commercial? There's a giant factory in Rogers that has huge sign out hiring electritions $25 hour.
The roads around here are not usually backed up except for construction projects. Easy highway acsess will get you out in the semi rural areas quick. If you're working from home internet connection might be an issue.
One town I really like in NWA is Siloam Springs.
Really sweet neighborhoods and a thriving downtown.
Siloam Springs is a nice area as well. OP as for internet, we have several choices. I know some have problems but I don't think it is a big issue. WE have 3 relatives living here that work out of their homes and do not seem to have any really serious problems.

Old 06-23-2020, 04:36 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,189,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Especially at the $150k price range.

Old 06-23-2020, 06:46 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,129,095 times
Western Springdale has some nice neighborhoods with affordable homes.

Southern Springdale near Lake Fayetteville is also a good area.

Springdale has a high latino population and there are areas which are a little rough, so just be aware of that.

In general, it isn't a bad town.

For your price range, I'd advise you to look at the smaller towns, not the Big 4. It sounds like you'd like to be somewhere in the hills or semi-rural. West Fork is a good option for houses in that range, still driveable to southern parts of the metro for work.

Maybe Pea Ridge or Garfield would work on the north end. Huntsville or Madison County is another option where your money will go further and it's not a horrible commute into Springdale.

Old 06-23-2020, 07:36 PM

425 posts, read 505,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Climber View Post
Western Springdale has some nice neighborhoods with affordable homes.

Southern Springdale near Lake Fayetteville is also a good area.

Springdale has a high latino population and there are areas which are a little rough, so just be aware of that.

In general, it isn't a bad town.

For your price range, I'd advise you to look at the smaller towns, not the Big 4. It sounds like you'd like to be somewhere in the hills or semi-rural. West Fork is a good option for houses in that range, still driveable to southern parts of the metro for work.

Maybe Pea Ridge or Garfield would work on the north end. Huntsville or Madison County is another option where your money will go further and it's not a horrible commute into Springdale.
I 2nd the West Fork recommendation. Great little town, and still relatively affordable.

Old 06-24-2020, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
I 2nd the West Fork recommendation. Great little town, and still relatively affordable.
Our granddaughter and her husband used to live in West Fork. They did like it; when they married he owned 14 acres of land with a very nice home on it. Of course it was priced a bit above $150,000. Anyway they really only sold it because when she became pregnant they wanted a real neighborhood to raise their kids. They ended up in Hanover Park in NO. Bentonville.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:16 AM

66 posts, read 45,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
springdale is so close to Bentonville so is it safe to say that the crime from springdale will
come to Bentonville?

Old 06-24-2020, 06:44 AM

1,134 posts, read 3,189,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscott462 View Post
springdale is so close to Bentonville so is it safe to say that the crime from springdale will
come to Bentonville?
The only parts of Springdale that border Bentonville are rural or somewhat wealthy, like the Har-Ber area of Springdale. I can' assure you 100% that crime bleeding over is not an issue. I didn't even know that parts of Bentonville zipcode bordered Springdale until I looked at a map.

https://www.zipmap.net/Arkansas/Bent...entonville.htm

Last edited by knrstz; 06-24-2020 at 07:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers