Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 04:47 AM

425 posts, read 505,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscott462 View Post
Thank you everyone for your feedback, very much appreciated. I now have to figure out when it's safe to fly.
I was thinking June might be good as the planes are mostly empty until I realized that I could book a flight that never leaves the ground because of little or no passengers. Any suggestions?
Most flights scheduled into XNA should proceed as planned. For Walmart, Tyson, JB Hunt home offices businesses must go on. And they keep the airport active. You shouldn’t have any issue catching a flight from LGA or even Newark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2020, 05:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achi WaWa View Post
We ate at the place next to Allen's and also didn't find it exceptional.
I think there is a basic difference in the style of cooking between the TexMex many are used to and the Sonoran style so prevalent in Arizona (and Calif ??).

It's hard for us to find a good Mexican place because many of Cathy's Mexican dishes are better than most restaurants we've been to (She even makes her own tortillas from scratch and roasts the chilies among other things).

Will have to try those others or start exploring the side streets of Rogers...

as for roasting chilis, We get NM Hatch chilies here in August and also roast our own. I still have a bunch left from last summer in the freezer so may not do it this summer or I may get them roasted at Harps in Bentonville or hopefully this year they may roast them at our local Harps.

good for your wife, making homemade tortillas. I certainly can't say I have ever even thought of doing my own and I love to cook.

Old 05-22-2020, 11:07 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,528,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
Most flights scheduled into XNA should proceed as planned. For Walmart, Tyson, JB Hunt home offices businesses must go on. And they keep the airport active. You shouldn’t have any issue catching a flight from LGA or even Newark.
Speaking as someone who's had reason to monitor flights, including from the NYC area, into XNA for the past few weeks, "most flights scheduled into XNA should proceed as planned" isn't the best description of what's been happening so far.
Many are scheduled but many are cancelled. Snagging a non-cancelled seat is doable but takes patience & perseverance. But that could all change in June, fingers crossed.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:31 AM

66 posts, read 45,848 times
yes, Delta has a direct flight scheduled once a day from LGA but never leaves. An agent even told me not to book a flight with Delta and should check with American Airlines. American has no direct flight and goes to Charlotte and then a direct flight to XNA. Return trip is to DFW first and then LGA. masks are required but people can get away with not wearing one for religious reasons. no temperature is taken and agent said fly at your own risk. not too comforting.

Old 05-23-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Speaking as someone who's had reason to monitor flights, including from the NYC area, into XNA for the past few weeks, "most flights scheduled into XNA should proceed as planned" isn't the best description of what's been happening so far.
Many are scheduled but many are cancelled. Snagging a non-cancelled seat is doable but takes patience & perseverance. But that could all change in June, fingers crossed.
Thank you for clarifying. I too have reason to monitor XNA flights. Perhaps I was a bit too optimistic in saying "most" flights should proceed, but was speaking in the future, as the OP mentioned sometime in June. The economy is opening up more each day. Newark > Houston > XNA via United would be something to look at if traveling right now, but I remain optimistic more will open up in June.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:51 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,528,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcvs View Post
Thank you for clarifying. I too have reason to monitor XNA flights. Perhaps I was a bit too optimistic in saying "most" flights should proceed, but was speaking in the future, as the OP mentioned sometime in June. The economy is opening up more each day. Newark > Houston > XNA via United would be something to look at if traveling right now, but I remain optimistic more will open up in June.
Uncancelled flights from anywhere in Texas to XNA are not happening right now. I really really care, and like you, I hope they will be sometime in the future.

Old 05-25-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Uncancelled flights from anywhere in Texas to XNA are not happening right now. I really really care, and like you, I hope they will be sometime in the future.
Not sure where you are getting your information. Regular shuttle flights from Houston and Dallas are happening every day with United and American. American is also running their regular route from Charlotte. Delta is running the Atlanta shuttle. Allegiant is also flying their Florida and Vegas routes. All of these are running with little or no cancellations. XNA had 27 combined outbound/inbound flights so far today, with only 2 cancellations so far.
And getting better every day.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:09 AM

66 posts, read 45,848 times
https://www.5newsonline.com/article/...3-745e397a5619

what was damaged in the square?

Old 06-06-2020, 11:59 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Grafitti and a couple of police cars, the second video said.

Old 06-06-2020, 02:50 PM

90 posts, read 92,246 times
Well I sure hope my flight out of XNA isn't canceled Tuesday morning....goes to DFW first then I go on to Rapid City to pick up my other car. Finally got into Bella Vista Monday evening & love it so far, but then I knew I would, after a couple of trips last year...living full time in my motor home for now, til I find a house...anyway, haven't heard anything from the airlines yet re: a cancellation, though it is a bit disconcerting to think of the approaching rough weather. I sure hope the flight isn't delayed or canceled due to the hurricane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers